1378RE: [newsml-g2] Where to store custom and dynamic properties in News Item?

    Aug 12, 2013
      Hi
      The NewsML-G2 XML Schema includes
      (http://www.iptc.org/std/NewsML-G2/2.12/specification/NewsML-G2_2.12-spec-Al
      l-Power.xsd) multiple Extension Points which are defined as
      <xs:any namespace="##other" processContents="lax" minOccurs="0"
      maxOccurs="unbounded">
      <xs:annotation>
      <xs:documentation>Extension point for provider-defined
      properties from other namespaces</xs:documentation>
      </xs:annotation>
      </xs:any>

      Which means:
      - their purpose is to hold additional provider specific properties
      - the names of these additional properties must be from another namespace =
      not the nar: namespace

      Typically these Extension Points are placed as last child of elements which
      act as wrapper of properties, e.g. rightsInfo, itemMeta, contentMeta,
      partMeta.

      Managing Director of the IPTC [mdirector@...]
      Web: www.iptc.org - on Twitter @IPTC
      Business office address:
      25 Southampton Buildings, London WC2A 1AL, United Kingdom
      Registered in England, company no 101096