1367RE: [newsml-g2] ranking

    Apr 26, 2013

      Hi Trond,

      if a first step you must define to which context a ranking of news items applies:

      -          From what you say in your first sentence you hand over a bunch of news items to the web-widget and the widget should render the items in a sequence following the ranking.

      -          The open issue is therefore: how to set the context for the rankings – how can you assert “this item has the rank 3 among all  items”, by which means is the bunch of “all items” defined?

      -          In NewsML-G2 the Package Item is the perfect tool to do this: a group can be made of links to news items using the <itemRef> and this <itemRef> has a @rank attribute. That’s it.

      Managing Director of the IPTC [mdirector@...]

      Web:
      www.iptc.org - on Twitter @IPTC

      Business office address:

      25 Southampton Buildings, London WC2A 1AL, United Kingdom

      Registered in England, company no 101096