1210Re: [newsml-g2] Raw/Edited Material identification in NewsML

  • Stuart Myles
    Jul 6 7:57 AM
      In looking at the IPTC's Genre Controlled Vocabulary:

      I see that there is still only a "Raw_Sound" value, not a "Raw_Video". Do others have a need to distinguish between "raw" and "packaged" video? If so, is Genre the way to do it?

      Regards,

      Stuart

      On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 7:22 AM, Michael Steidl (IPTC) <mdirector@...> wrote:

      Hi Kostas

      you are excactly on the right track: the "genre" property should be the place to assert this.

      And you are correct, the current Genre NewsCodes don't provide a corresponding value.

      As ATC is a member of the IPTC you (or Evi) should issue a request to add these values to the Genre vocabulary - or even more.

      Michael

      On 10 Feb 2009 at 12:06  k_konstantoulis wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > Is there a field in NewsML/NewsML-G2 that can identify that a newsitem
      > contains Raw Material against Edited Material content? E.g. Raw
      > Video/Audio content or Edited Video/Audio content.
      >
      > In Genre Vocabulary there is a value "Raw Sound" but not a "Raw Video"
      > one.
      >
      > Thanks a lot,
      > Kostas

      > <*> Your email settings: