1195Re: [semweb-dev] Introducing schema.org: Search engines come together for a richer web ...

  • Andreas Gebhard
    Jun 3, 2011
      That's exactly the right question --- one that each implementor of rNews
      needs to answer for her/himself.

      That's why I believe it's important for us to continue on a path that
      leads to the (ideally generally accepted) rNews Schema and then one or
      more suggested implementations.

      Truthfully, if someone needs better content management in their own
      website, I don't see how rNews is going to help them. But we did set out
      with the idea to make our content better for search engines (be they GBY
      or Facebook & Twitter) to understand in order to link to it in a more
      meaningful way.

      An rNews implementation in RDFa holds the inherent promise that it could
      also facilitate exchange between websites pretty well. That's not clear
      with Microdata. But if (and that can be interpreted in many ways, as
      Raphaël pointed out below) GBY say they only want to see Microdata and GBY
      are an implementor's main concern, then it seems to be a prudent choice
      for us (as an organization concerned with the success of our industry) to
      offer an rNews implementation in Microdata.

      Andreas

      On 6/3/11 04:57 , "Jarred McGinnis" <jarred.mcginnis@...>
      wrote:

      > What does rNews want to achieve? Is it for better content
      >management on our own websites? Is it to facilitate exchange between each
      >other's websites? Or is it to improve google-juice and SEO in general?
      >
      >Jarred McGinnis, PhD
      >
      >Research Manager, Semantic Technologies
      >
      >PRESS
      >ASSOCIATION
      >
      >www.pressassociation.com
      >
      >jarred.mcginnis@...
      ><mailto:jarred.mcginnis%40pressassociation.com>
      >
      >T: +44 (0) 2079 637 198
      >Extension: (7198)
      >M: +44 (0) 7816 286 852
      >
      >Registered Address: The Press Association Limited, 292 Vauxhall Bridge
      >Road, London, SW1V 1AE. Registered in England No. 5946902

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic