The Cross (Another Reflection - Part 2) by Joseph Y. Lee

  • josephylee@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 2, 2011
      The Cross
      Another Reflection - Part 2
      By Joseph Y. Lee

      My former Bible study leader has stopped going to church for the
      past year. I was somewhat extremely sad and disappointed. He went
      to seminary at Talbot to get his M.Div. and got his Ph.D. in the
      philosophy department at a prestigious university. It seemed
      strange that there were some believers, who read the Bible more
      than I did, fell away from their faith. I felt that there was
      something inherently wrong in his understanding in the Bible. I
      felt that there were many pastors and Bible study leaders, who
      read the Bible more than I did, and yet they missed the entire
      point what the Bible said.

      After I broke up with my ex-girlfriend, I could have stopped
      going to church. What my ex-girlfriend did to me was so completely
      wrong. However, I never blamed God over the breakup. I continued
      to go to church every Sunday not because I was trying to search
      for another girlfriend in church. I was suffering a lot of grief
      over the breakup. I really loved my ex-girlfriend. I went to
      church because our God gave up His only begotten son for me.

      In other words, I understood that the cross was bigger than my
      hurts over the breakup from my ex-girlfriend.

      Copyright - CHEMISTRY (CHristian E-mail MIniSTRY)
      E-mail: JosephYLee@..., Website: http://www.josephylee.org