*THE FOUR CALLS

  • Brother Bob...<><
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2005
      THE FOUR CALLS
      Author Unknown

      Behold, now is the day of salvation.
      2 Cor 6:2b

      The Spirit came in CHILDHOOD, and pleaded, LET ME IN .
      But Oh! the door was bolted, by thoughtlessness and sin.
      I AM TOO YOUNG , the chiild replied, I WILL NOT YIELD TODAY,
      There's time enough tomorrow
      THE SPIRIT WENT AWAY

      Again He came and pleaded, In YOUTH'S bright happy hour.
      He came, but heard no answer, For lured by Satan's power,
      The youth lay dreaming then, and saying, NOT TODAY;
      Nor till I've tried Earth's Pleasures.
      THE SPIRIT WENT AWAY

      Again He called in mercy, In MANHOOD'S vigorous prime.
      But still He found no welcome, the merchant had no time.
      No time for true repentance, No time to think or pray.
      And so, repulsed and saddened,
      THE SPIRIT WENT AWAY

      Once more He called and waited, The Man was OLD and ILL.
      He scarcely heard the whisper, His heart was cold and still.
      GO, LEAVE ME, WHEN I NEED THEE, I'LL CALL FOR THEE, he cried.
      Then sinking in his pillow,
      WITHOUT A HOPE, HE DIED!

      Bible Verses to Ponder

      Heb 3:7-8 (KJV)
      Wherefore (as the Holy Ghost saith,
      To day if ye will hear his voice,
       {8} Harden not your hearts, as in the provocation,
      in the day of temptation in the wilderness:

      2 Cor 6:2b (KJV)
      ...behold, now is the accepted time;
      behold, now is the day of salvation.

      Prov 27:1 (KJV)
      Boast not thyself of to morrow;
       for thou knowest not what a day may bring forth.

      Isa 55:6-7 (KJV)
       Seek ye the LORD while he may be found,
      call ye upon him while he is near:
      {7} Let the wicked forsake his way,
      and the unrighteous man his thoughts:
      and let him return unto the LORD,
      and he will have mercy upon him;
      and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.

      Isa 61:1-2 (KJV)
      The spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me;
       because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek;
      he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
       to proclaim liberty to the captives,
      and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;
      {2} To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD,
      and the day of vengeance of our God;
      to comfort all that mourn;

      Acts 17:30-33 (KJV)
       And the times of this ignorance God winked at;
      but now commandeth all men every where to repent:
      {31} Because he hath appointed a day,
      in the which he will judge the world in righteousness
      by that man whom he hath ordained;
      whereof he hath given assurance unto all men,
       in that he hath raised him from the dead.

       {32} And when they heard of the resurrection of the dead,
       some mocked: and others said,
      We will hear thee again of this matter.
      {33} So Paul departed from among them.

      Prov 6:9-11 (KJV)
      How long wilt thou sleep, O sluggard?
      when wilt thou arise out of thy sleep?
      {10} Yet a little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to sleep:
      {11} So shall thy poverty come as one that travelleth,
      and thy want as an armed man.

      Hag 1:2-9 (KJV)
      Thus speaketh the LORD of hosts, saying,
      This people say, The time is not come,
      the time that the LORD'S house should be built.
      {3} Then came the word of the LORD by Haggai the prophet, saying,
      {4} Is it time for you, O ye, to dwell in your ceiled[Heb=roofed, sturdy] houses,
      and this house lie waste?
      {5} Now therefore thus saith the LORD of hosts;
       Consider your ways.
      {6} Ye have sown much, and bring in little;
      ye eat, but ye have not enough;
      ye drink, but ye are not filled with drink;
      ye clothe you, but there is none warm;
      and he that earneth wages earneth wages to put it into a bag with holes.
       {7} Thus saith the LORD of hosts;
      Consider your ways.
      {8} Go up to the mountain, and bring wood, and build the house;
      and I will take pleasure in it,
      and I will be glorified, saith the LORD.
      {9} Ye looked for much, and, lo, it came to little;
      and when ye brought it home, I did blow upon it.
      Why? saith the LORD of hosts.
      Because of mine house that is waste,
      and ye run every man unto his own house.

      Isa 55:6-7 (KJV)
       Seek ye the LORD while he may be found,
      call ye upon him while he is near:
      {7} Let the wicked forsake his way,
      and the unrighteous man his thoughts:
      and let him return unto the LORD,
      and he will have mercy upon him;
      and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.

      John 14:6 (KJV)
      no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

      Mat 11:28-29 (KJV)
       Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden,
      and I will give you rest.
      {29} Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me;
      for I am meek and lowly in heart:
      and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

      IXTHEUS CHRISTIAN GROWTH DEVOTIONALS
      ALWAYS FREE OF CHARGE
      (but not necessarily  free of COST)
      Feel free to redistribute these materials to whomever you want.
      Please submit all questions, comments, suggestions,
      or REQUESTS FOR SUBSCRIPTIONS to ixtheus@...

      Request a free email copy of my evangelistic presentation:
      "The God Who is Really There" from  ixtheus@...

      View back-issues of Devotionals at this site:
      send an email with CANCEL in the subject line to ixtheus@...
      God Bless You.....brother bob.......<><