The Lordship of Jesus Christ

  • ixtheus
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 3, 2003

      The Lordship Of Jesus Christ
      Phil 2:11
      ...Jesus Christ is Lord...
      The English word, "The Lord" means literally, "the loaf-keeper, that is, the one who provides for his dependents"-Webster. The word translated LORD occurs over 7000 times in the Bible. It comes from the Hebrew"Yahweh". or "I am that I am", and is the Name that God revealed to Moses. In the New Testament, the word "Lord" comes from the Greek word "Kurios" which means " supreme in authority, and a title of respect".
      Exo 3:13-15 (KJV)
      And Moses said unto God,
      Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them,
      The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you;
      and they shall say to me, What is his name? what shall I say unto them?
      {14} And God said unto Moses,
       I AM THAT I AM:
      and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel,
      I AM hath sent me unto you.
      {15} And God said moreover unto Moses,
      Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel,
      The LORD God of your fathers,
      the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob,
      hath sent me unto you:
       this is my name for ever, and this is my memorial unto all generations.
      Gen 2:4 (KJV)
      These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth
       when they were created,
      in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens,
      1 Ki 18:39 (KJV)
       And when all the people saw it, they fell on their faces: and they said,
      The LORD, he is the God; the LORD, he is the God.
      2 Chr 20:6 (KJV)
      And said, O LORD God of our fathers,
       art not thou God in heaven?
      and rulest not thou over all the kingdoms of the heathen?
      and in thine hand is there not power and might,
      so that none is able to withstand thee?
      Psa 86:1-12 (KJV) A Prayer of David.
      Bow down thine ear, O LORD, hear me: for I am poor and needy.
      {2} Preserve my soul; for I am holy(Heb=religiously pious):
      O thou my God, save thy servant that trusteth in thee.
      {3} Be merciful unto me, O Lord: for I cry unto thee daily.
      {4} Rejoice the soul of thy servant:
      for unto thee, O Lord, do I lift up my soul.
      {5} For thou, Lord, art good, and ready to forgive;
      and plenteous in mercy unto all them that call upon thee.
       {6} Give ear, O LORD, unto my prayer;
      and attend to the voice of my supplications.
      {7} In the day of my trouble I will call upon thee:
      for thou wilt answer me.
      {8} Among the (heathen's) gods there is none like unto thee, O Lord;
      neither are there any works like unto thy works.
      {9} All nations whom thou hast made
      shall come and worship before thee, O Lord;
      and shall glorify thy name.
       {10} For thou art great, and doest wondrous things: thou art God alone.
       {11} Teach me thy way, O LORD;
      I will walk in thy truth:
      unite my heart to fear thy name.
      {12} I will praise thee, O Lord my God, with all my heart:
      and I will glorify thy name for evermore.
      Luke 6:46 (KJV)
      And why call ye me, Lord, Lord,
      and do not the things which I say?
      Acts 2:36.
      God hath made him both Lord and Christ,
       this Jesus whom ye crucified.
      Phil 2:5-11 (TLB)
      Your attitude should be the kind that was shown us by Jesus Christ,
      {6} who, though he was God,
      did not demand and cling to his rights as God,
       {7} but laid aside his mighty power and glory,
       taking the disguise of a slave and becoming like men.
      {8} And he humbled himself even further,
       going so far as actually to die a criminal's death on a cross.
       {9} Yet it was because of this that God raised him up to the heights of heaven
      and gave him a name which is above every other name,
      {10} that at the name of Jesus
      every knee shall bow in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
      {11} and every tongue shall confess
      that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

      (but not necessarily  free of COST)
      Feel free to redistribute these materials to whomever you want...
      Be careful to observe copyright information where appropriate...
      Please submit all questions, comments, suggestions, or requests for subscriptions to
      Request a free copy of my evangelistic presentation:
      "The God Who is Really There"
      from  ixtheus@...
      to unsubscribe  from  these devotionals,
      type the word "cancel" in the subject line of the message.
      and send a "reply to author" from your email software.
      God Bless You.....brother bob.......<><