Re: Human Sacrifice In The Bible!

  • warrior_10us
    Message 1 of 2898 , Aug 1, 2001
      By: warrior_10us<br>Date: 7/31/01 12:44 pm
      upon Jephthah ... 30 And Jephthah made a vow to the
      Lord and said, 'If Thou wilt indeed give the sons of
      Ammon into my hand, 31 then it shall be that whatever
      comes through the doors of my house to meet me when I
      return ... shall be the Lord's, and I will offer it up
      as a burnt offering... 34 When Jephthah came to his
      house at Mizpah, behold, his daughter was coming out to
      meet him ... 39 And it came about at the end of two
      months that she returned to her father, who did to her
      according to the vow which he had made; and she had no
      relations with a man. Thus it became a custom in Israel, 40
      that the daughters of Israel went yearly to
      commemorate the daughter of Jephthah the Geleadite four days
      in the year."<br><br>Exod. 22: 29-30, "29 You shall
      not delay the offering from your harvest and your
      vintage. The first-born of your sons you shall give to Me.
      30 You shall do the same with your oxen and with
      your sheep. It shall be with its mother seven days; on
      the eighth day you shall give it to Me."<br><br>those
      are not about burning..those about killing,i don't
      know the way,infact i am not intrested.the orthodox
      jews are saying that the victems were cut into peaces
      before they were burned.<br>the last verse::<br>Num. 31:
      40, "40 And the human beings were 16,000, from whom
      the Lord's levy was 32. 41 And Moses gave the levy
      which was the Lord's offering to Eleazar the priest,
      just as the Lord had commanded Moses."<br><br>could be
      about burning humans as a Sacrifice because they were
      given to Eleazar the priest, but the text does not say
      what the priest did with this offering. We know from
      other passages in the bible, that such offerings as
      animals were sacrificed as burnt offerings; Reason tells
      us that these 32 may have suffered a similar
      fate.<br><br>And he washed the inwards and the legs in water; and
      Moses burnt the whole ram upon the altar: it [was] a
      burnt sacrifice for a sweet savour, [and] an offering
      made by fire unto the LORD; as the LORD commanded
    • binahmedkm
      Message 2898 of 2898 , Mar 7, 2002
        --- In newquranandbible@y..., tedw1999 <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > PJ,
        >
        > >>IF YOU REVERE JESUS SO HIGHLY, THEN BE LIKE HIM AND GO
        > > TAKE YOUR MESSAGE TO THE STREETS!<<
        >
        > This part of your message I agree with. It applies to all
        Christians