Voltage limits

  • RAY TOSTADO
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2012
      Follow up on the voltage limits for a Hummingbird 400TX

      Well, only 10 days later, I finally got a reply from Hummingbird as to the max voltage allowable.

      They spec this at 11 to 17 VDC range.

      They did fail to inform me as to whether there is an auto drop out were the voltage to be greater.

      Oh, well.

      rt

    • jsvba@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 1, 2012
        If it is at all possible think about using bags that can be inserted into
        the voids which can then be filled with a small pellet sized blown in foam
        and then tied or sealed shut. The air pressure will fill the bags out to
        conform to the void and the insertion of the blown in pellets would provide
        excellent insulation. Your main problem would be finding a screen to keep the
        pellets inside the bags while pumping the air in. Should you ever need to
        remove the insulation, a vacuum cleaner would be just the ticket to get the
        bags and pellets out.

        Literally, just reverse the installation method.

        Can't think of why you would want to do that but, who knows?

        No problem with excess expansion, etc.

        It's a thought, anyway.

        Mike Borga
        1980 N28 Defiant