Re: What Newports do you own??

  • billyt14607
    Message 1 of 19 , May 13, 2002
      Hi Andrew

      I have a 1981 N-27, bought it last fall. Just went back in the
      water (Lake Ontario, Rochester) last Tuesday. Spent the afternoon
      working on the rigging saturday, but got washed out sunday. Almost
      ready to go, just a few more odds and ends. Next Weekend.

      --- In newportsailboats@y..., sailcapt <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > OK, so far there are only 4 members, and I can see that the Great
      > Lakes is where most of us are from so far... What model newports
      > does everyone have? I have a 1981 n-27s
      >
      > Andrew
    • my79mojo
      Message 2 of 19 , Oct 29, 2005
        --- In newportsailboats@yahoogroups.com, sailcapt <no_reply@y...>
        wrote:

        > OK, so far there are only 4 members, and I can see that the Great
        > Lakes is where most of us are from so far... What model newports
        > does everyone have? I have a 1981 n-27s
        >
        > Andrew

        i have a 1979 28 ft newport with a 2005 15hp yanmar
      • Barry Lenoble
        Message 3 of 19 , Oct 30, 2005
          Barry Lenoble here!

          Barry Lenoble
          Noble Prize
          1986 Newport 28
          Mt. Sinai, NY

          my79mojo wrote:

          > --- In newportsailboats@yahoogroups.com, sailcapt <no_reply@y...>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > OK, so far there are only 4 members, and I can see that the Great
          > > Lakes is where most of us are from so far... What model newports
          > > does everyone have? I have a 1981 n-27s
          > >
          > > Andrew
          > >
          > i have a 1979 28 ft newport with a 2005 15hp yanmar

        • jdhall1010
          Message 4 of 19 , Oct 30, 2005
            '77 N27s in Newport, OR looking to repower from an A4. . .currently
            powered by outboard. Since you've got an '05 yanmar, did you do the
            repower? Always looking for someone else's experience!

            Jeff

            --- In newportsailboats@yahoogroups.com, "my79mojo" <JWAGNER330@C...>
            wrote:

            > --- In newportsailboats@yahoogroups.com, sailcapt <no_reply@y...>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > OK, so far there are only 4 members, and I can see that the Great
            > > Lakes is where most of us are from so far... What model newports
            > > does everyone have? I have a 1981 n-27s
            > >
            > > Andrew
            > >
            > i have a 1979 28 ft newport with a 2005 15hp yanmar

          • Al Duquette
            Message 5 of 19 , Oct 30, 2005
              Al Duquette we own a 1987 Newport 30, Tonawanda NY

              --- jdhall1010 <jdhall1010@...> wrote:

              > '77 N27s in Newport, OR looking to repower from an
              > A4. . .currently
              > powered by outboard. Since you've got an '05 yanmar,
              > did you do the
              > repower? Always looking for someone else's
              > experience!
              >
              > Jeff
              >
              > --- In newportsailboats@yahoogroups.com, "my79mojo"
              > <JWAGNER330@C...>
              > wrote:
              > >
              > > --- In newportsailboats@yahoogroups.com, sailcapt
              > <no_reply@y...>
              > > wrote:
              > > >
              > > > OK, so far there are only 4 members, and I can
              > see that the Great
              > > > Lakes is where most of us are from so far...
              > What model newports
              > > > does everyone have? I have a 1981 n-27s
              > > >
              > > > Andrew
              > > >
              > > i have a 1979 28 ft newport with a 2005 15hp
              > yanmar

              __________________________________
              http://mail.yahoo.com
            • matt
              Message 6 of 19 , Oct 30, 2005
                Matt McCay. I have a 1982 N-28. MK2 underbody, seems like MK1 above
                w/l.Universal 5411 rebuilt 2 seasons ago. Under power I get passed by
                everything but my dinghy, under sail moves very well, hit 9.2 knots
                this year. Summers in Old Saybrook Ct. Weekends to Shelter Island area
                or Watch Hill generally. Favorite spot is Block Island of
                course.Cruise with my 11 year old son. Great 2 man boat.
              • JWAGNER330@COMCAST.NET
                Message 7 of 19 , Oct 30, 2005
                  no i hired a marine engine company at the cost of $9500.00

                  Al Duquette we own a 1987 Newport 30, Tonawanda NY

                  --- jdhall1010 <jdhall1010@...> wrote:

                  > '77 N27s in Newport, OR looking to repower from an
                  > A4. . .currently
                  > powered by outboard. Since you've got an '05 yanmar,
                  > did you do the
                  > repower? Always looking for someone else's
                  > experience!
                  >
                  > Jeff
                  >
                  > --- In newportsailboats@yahoogroups.com, "my79mojo"
                  > <JWAGNER330@C...>
                  > wrote:
                  > >
                  > > --- In newportsailboats@yahoogroups.com, sailcapt
                  > <no_reply@y...>
                  > > wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > OK, so far there are only 4 members, and I can
                  > see that the Great
                  > > > Lakes is where most of us are from so far...
                  > What model newports
                  > > > does everyone have? I have a 1981 n-27s
                  > > >
                  > > > Andrew
                  > > >
                  > > i have a 1979 28 ft newport with a 2005 15hp
                  > yanmar

                  __________________________________
                  http://mail.yahoo.com

                  Sailing course Boating safety Sailing adventure

                  YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

                  Visit your group "newportsailboats" on the web.

                • alfplusme
                  Message 8 of 19 , Dec 5, 2005
                    My name is Alf and I own a Newport 33, 1t is a 1983 with a diesel. I
                    sail out of Pt.Maitland , Ont. on Lake Erie.
                  • Doug DeProy
                    Message 9 of 19 , Dec 5, 2005
                      Hi Alf I'm Doug I'm in Nanaimo BC I guess we won't be sailing together
                      anytime soon. I think there's a little shallow going between here and
                      there!
                      Cheers,
                      Doug Partita Newport 30
                      My name is Alf and I own a Newport 33, 1t is a 1983 with a diesel. I
                      sail out of Pt.Maitland , Ont. on Lake Erie.

                      Sailing course Boating safety Sailing adventure

                      Service.

                      Message 10 of 19 , Dec 5, 2005
                        Hi Alf,

                        Welcome to the group. I'm Michael, and I sail an '82 Newport 30 III
                        out of San Diego, California.

                      • SpunkysSD@aol.com
                        Message 11 of 19 , Dec 5, 2005
                          Hi....Spunky's Summer Daze.....78 Newport 28'.....Buffalo/Lake
                          Erie....Brian.......

                        • Jeffrey Beardsley
                          Message 12 of 19 , Dec 5, 2005
                            I'm Jeff and I sail a Newport 28 out of Port of Everett, WA. Well, I'm
                            learning to at any rate.

                            Best Regards

                            Jeffrey Beardsley

                            28' Newport MK II (named but not yet christened)

                            Everett Marina, WA.

                            <mailto:Jeffrey.Beardsley@...> Jeffrey.Beardsley@...

                            _____

                            My name is Alf and I own a Newport 33, 1t is a 1983 with a diesel. I
                            sail out of Pt.Maitland , Ont. on Lake Erie.

                            Sailing course Boating safety Sailing adventure

                            Service.

                            _____

                            YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

                            * Visit your group "newportsailboats
                            <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/newportsailboats> " on the web.

                            _____

                          • Al Duquette
                            Message 13 of 19 , Dec 5, 2005
                              Al & Sally Duquette Sail a 1987 Newport 30, Mast Confusion from Tonawanda NY we sail the Niagara River daily and Lake Erie for ventures.

                              alfplusme <alfplus@...> wrote: My name is Alf and I own a Newport 33, 1t is a 1983 with a diesel. I
                              sail out of Pt.Maitland , Ont. on Lake Erie.

                              Sailing schools Sailing instruction Sailing lesson Sailing course Boating safety Sailing adventure

                              ---------------------------------

                            • Matt McCay
                              Message 14 of 19 , Dec 5, 2005
                                Blue Moon, 1982 N-28 hull 497, Old Saybrook Ct. Matt McCay

                                SpunkysSD@... wrote: Hi....Spunky's Summer Daze.....78 Newport 28'.....Buffalo/Lake
                                Erie....Brian.......

                                Sailing schools Sailing instruction Sailing lesson Sailing course Boating safety Sailing adventure

                                Message 15 of 19 , Dec 5, 2005
                                  Hello,

                                  Barry Lenoble here. My family and I sail a 1986 Newport 28
                                  on the Long Island sound out of Mt. Sinai, NY. There are some
                                  pictures on the yahoo web site at

                                  Now that winter is here I'm going through sailing withdrawal.

                                  What improvements / maintenance projects are people starting?
                                  I have some leaks to seal (deck organizers, chainplates), and I
                                  have ordered a new set of sails.

                                  Barry

                                  Message 16 of 19 , Dec 5, 2005
                                    Hi from the Kloppenburg's,, John, Jean and kids Nick Peter
                                    and Shelly. We are still racing and cruising the Strait of Georgia,
                                    Vancouver Island, British Columbia. Our 1982 Newport 41 "Ali Oop" is
                                    berthed at the Nanaimo Yacht Club. Hope you are all doing lots of
                                    sailing!! John

                                    *

                                    _____

                                  • John P. Raczynski
                                    Message 17 of 19 , Dec 7, 2005
                                      Ahoy,

                                      Captain John Paul here. My first mate Judi and I sail a custom 1989 Capital
                                      Yachts Admiral 32', a.k.a. Newport 33' wing keel, built in Jacksonville, FL.
                                      There is no teak trim on deck. Handrails and trim are all stainless steel as
                                      well as the port lights. Hatches are Lewmar ocean series, and the rigging is
                                      oversize. She was built to be a rugged coastal cruiser, with the occasional
                                      Bahamas trip. We carry a 160 Ginny on a Hood furler and a full batten main
                                      with bat-cars resting in a MacPac/lazyjack system. Auxiliary power is a
                                      Universal MXP-25. We are the 2nd owners since 1994. Home port is Amelia
                                      Island Florida, which I believe to be one of the very best sailing areas
                                      south of Charleston, SC. We have over 400 hundred years of sailing history
                                      here and it is the only place in the USA to have been under 8 different
                                      flags. Go to www.ameliaisland.com if you want to learn more about our home
                                      port.

                                      Captain John P. Raczynski
                                      S/V Ventura
                                      Amelia Island, FL

                                      Yahoo! Groups Links
                                    • John Quinn
                                      Message 18 of 19 , Dec 7, 2005
                                        Ahoy mate,

                                        Welcome aboard.
                                        If you haven't already visited our Newport web pages, they are located at
                                        http://s91628329.onlinehome.us
                                        There are Owner lists and you might consider having me list your boat.
                                        I can get all the info needed except your hull # from your e-mail.
                                        If you send me some photos I would be happy to set up a photo page as well.
                                        Any questions get back to me at
                                        jjqgenesis@...

                                        Most of the members of the email group are now back at Sail Net.com.
                                        You can visit that site and subscribe to the newport group.

                                        Regards,
                                        John Quinn
                                        Webmaster

                                        "John P. Raczynski" <jracz1@...> wrote:
[...]