testing the Yahoo list

  • res72sailing
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 7, 2008
      I'm sending this from my Browser logged on to Yahoo groups. It should
      be received as email by the 110 of us currently subscribed. I also
      noted when logged in that there are several old messages that are spam
      from girls looking to be friends. If Russ or others will moderate and
      help keep the list clean, great.

      Bob
    • Steven White
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 7, 2008
        Thanks guys, nice work.

        Steven
        G32

        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 7, 2008
          Hopefully we can convince all of the sailnet members to move over here! I'm going to send out another e-mail telling them where to go to join the Yahoo group.

          Russ W
          N41 - Good Grief!
          SF Bay

          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 7, 2008
            Hi Bob,

            That sounds great.

            - Stu

          • ronjoens@aol.com
            Message 5 of 11 , Aug 7, 2008
              What happened to the sailnet connection?

              Ron Joens
              N33 Isis
              Berkeley, CA

              In a message dated 8/7/2008 1:16:46 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
              rlwmail@... writes:

              Hopefully we can convince all of the sailnet members to move over here! I'm
              going to send out another e-mail telling them where to go to join the Yahoo
              group.

              Russ W
              N41 - Good Grief!
              SF Bay

              I'm sending this from my Browser logged on to Yahoo groups. It should
              be received as email by the 110 of us currently subscribed. I also
              noted when logged in that there are several old messages that are spam
              from girls looking to be friends. If Russ or others will moderate and
              help keep the list clean, great.

              Bob

              Read reviews on AOL Autos.

            • Russ Wampler
              Message 6 of 11 , Aug 7, 2008
                Sailnet listserver has closed shop. They shut it down about 2 weeks ago and left us all hanging; so some of the members who were still in contact via private e-mail are moving over to the Yahoo group. Hopefully everyone who was active over at the Sailnet list-server will show up here so we can keep the great discussion group we had going alive and maybe meet some new owners who did not find the Sailnet site.

                Russ W
                N-41 Good Grief!
                SF Bay

                I'm sending this from my Browser logged on to Yahoo groups. It should
                be received as email by the 110 of us currently subscribed. I also
                noted when logged in that there are several old messages that are spam
                from girls looking to be friends. If Russ or others will moderate and
                help keep the list clean, great.

                Bob

                ************ **Looking for a car that's sporty, fun and fits in your budget?
                Read reviews on AOL Autos.
                (http://autos. aol.com/cars- BMW-128-2008/ expert-review? ncid=aolaut00050 000000017 )

              • ronjoens@aol.com
                Message 7 of 11 , Aug 8, 2008
                  It's too bad we didn't get a heads up from sailnet (At least not that I know
                  of). Now John Quinn's Capital Yachts web site is going to be more valuable
                  than ever. His owners list has most of our email addresses in it.

                  Ron Joens
                  Isis N33
                  Berkeley, CA

                  (_http://autos._ (http://autos./) aol.com/cars- BMW-128-2008/

                  Message 8 of 11 , Aug 8, 2008
                    Right... Maybe since Sailnet would be angry if we posted a link to the yahoo group on the owner's website we should send an email to everyone who has an email address listed on the owners pages. Big job; but if we don't we might lose a huge number of people who did not know the sailnet service is dead.

                    Message 9 of 11 , Oct 2, 2008
                      --- In newportsailboats@yahoogroups.com, "res72sailing" <resand@...>
                      wrote:

                      > I'm sending this from my Browser logged on to Yahoo groups. It should
                      > be received as email by the 110 of us currently subscribed. I also
                      > noted when logged in that there are several old messages that are spam
                      > from girls looking to be friends. If Russ or others will moderate and
                      > help keep the list clean, great.
                      >
                      > Bob

                      Yah! I finally figured out how to make this yahoo thing work for me!
                      It's good to be back on the 'list' again. I presume that most of the
                      sailnet community has migrated over here. Are there other lists that
                      our community is spead out over, or is this the main point of
                      coincidence? I'm looking forward to a return to the good old days of
                      incredibly helpful back-and-forth on a mail server.

                      Rafael Block
                      S/Y Malaqueña
                      1981 N28-II
                    • Jeffrey Beardsley
                      Message 10 of 11 , Oct 3, 2008
                        You made it Rafael, Welcome back!

                        Personally, the only time I log onto the Yahoo group is to make changes to
                        preferences. I’ve got it set up to forward to my email in digest mode.

                        Best Regards

                        Jeffrey Beardsley

                        Honu

                        Newport 28 MK II

                        Port of Everett, WA.

                        <mailto:Jeffrey.Beardsley@...> Jeffrey.Beardsley@...

                        > I'm sending this from my Browser logged on to Yahoo groups. It should
                        > be received as email by the 110 of us currently subscribed. I also
                        > noted when logged in that there are several old messages that are spam
                        > from girls looking to be friends. If Russ or others will moderate and
                        > help keep the list clean, great.
                        >
                        > Bob

                        Yah! I finally figured out how to make this yahoo thing work for me!
                        It's good to be back on the 'list' again. I presume that most of the
                        sailnet community has migrated over here. Are there other lists that
                        our community is spead out over, or is this the main point of
                        coincidence? I'm looking forward to a return to the good old days of
                        incredibly helpful back-and-forth on a mail server.

                        Rafael Block
                        S/Y Malaqueña
                        1981 N28-II

                      • tackesailors
                        Message 11 of 11 , Oct 3, 2008
                          Hey Rafael,
                          I just signed up myself. I've moved Cha Ching to Lake Washington.
                          I see there are a lot of "old timers" over here on Yahoo. Hope the site
                          stays active it has been a great help to many.
                          Larry Hawkins