Re: [Newport Sailboats] Hello From the Broughtons

  • Doug DeProy
    Message 1 of 33 , Aug 1, 2009
      Hey John I'm leaving this AM for Port McNeil. I plan on being up there
      by next Thurs. I'll be on Partita so if you think of it give me a
      holler on the VHF.
      Cheers,
      Doug
      S/V Partita
      Nanaimo Yacht Club

      John wrote:

      > Hi Newporters, Krammer the Cat and I are in Port McNeil for some PM on the
      > engine. It is my first time up this way but I will be back. Two Killer
      > whales swam by me going in the opposite direction less then 20 feet
      > away! A
      > school of Porpoises came over to say hello for a few minutes and then went
      > over to my friends boat to say hi before continuing on there journey!
      > What a
      > great place to cruise. John....................... cruising Northern
      > Vancouver Island.
      >
      > The sea continues to feed our spiritual need for adventure into the
      > unknown.
      > Robert Ballard

    • John
      Message 33 of 33 , Aug 24, 2009
        Good to hear from you Stan but sorry about your friend. I hope he will be
        alright. Maybe next year you will have the time to visit and who knows maybe
        I'll jump on the Guzzi and ride down to New Mexico with my two boys. That
        would be a great adventure!! Keep in touch. John on Ali Oop in Nanaimo
        Harbour with Krammer the ship's cat.