Search feature not working?

  • James Schrumpf
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 1, 2009
      Hi,

      This is my first post to the group, and it has to be a complaint!

      Not about the group, but about Yahoo's search function. I'm trying to
      find posts on the subject of "holding tank", and I get nothing. I don't
      even get hits on posts where I can see the words I'm searching for.

      Can someone explain how to search old posts so that I can see if the
      subject has been discussed before?

      Thanks!
    • RAY TOSTADO
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 1, 2009
        Add black water....

        Or, ...marine....

        Or, just google, ......plastic holding tanks....

        rt

        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 1, 2009
          James, I tried the same search to double-check and also came up empty (s0 to speak). So I searched on another sailing site I'm on, for Tartan, and found posts. So it seems that it's not showing on the Newport site because it hasn't been a topic, at least not since the group moved to Yahoo a year or so back.

          The posts I noted on the Tartan site mentioned Ronco and Raritan as sources of tanks, and the book by Peggy Hall that has something to say about how tanks should be designed. Maybe you want to add the tartan group and go browse that site. There seem to be more posts on the subject than I looked at just now, and I recall references to custom tank makers at some time in the not so distant past.

          Bob

          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 1, 2009
            James-

            The forum moved over to Yahoo about 6 months ago and we are still growing/building in terms of archived text. If you want to search our old e-mail archive I believe it is still preserved over on Sailnet; check this website:

            http://www.sailnet.com/list_server/current_forum.php/?list=newport

            Unfortunately you can't do a text search of the posts but you can do a web browser text search of the subject lines.

            Regards,

            Russ W
            N41 - Good Grief!
            SF Bay

            ________________________________

            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 1, 2009
              Appears to be a Yahoo problem as I am seeing problems in the messages on other Yahoo groups.

              John J Quinn
              President
              Corona Model Railroad Society
              http://www.cmrsclub.org

            • Tony
              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 1, 2009
                HI James,
                I did a bunch of research a couple of years ago on a new holding tank for my
                Œ78 N30 II. The old one is in the vanity cabinetry in the head. It only
                holds 6 gallons or so. I wanted to keep it in the same place but go to
                around 12 gallons. I never did find one that would fit in the space. I spent
                a lot of time with Raritan and Ronco¹s catalogs as well as time on the phone
                with them. I probably could¹ve found something to fit if I was willing to
                do a bunch or replumbing and moving a water pump etc. One of the companies
                was willing to make a custom tank but it was costly. The other option would
                be a bag. I have never used one but I understand if you support them
                correctly and plumb them correctly they are quite effective. I am not sure
                if you are looking to do the same thing or something different.
                Good luck and let us know what you find.

                Tony Bourque
                Now & Zen
                78 N30 II
                Richmond, Ca

                On 3/1/09 2:38 PM, "Robert Sanders" <resand@...> wrote:

                > James, I tried the same search to double-check and also came up empty (s0 to
                > speak). So I searched on another sailing site I'm on, for Tartan, and found
                > posts. So it seems that it's not showing on the Newport site because it
                > hasn't been a topic, at least not since the group moved to Yahoo a year or so
                > back.
                >
                > The posts I noted on the Tartan site mentioned Ronco and Raritan as sources of
                > tanks, and the book by Peggy Hall that has something to say about how tanks
                > should be designed. Maybe you want to add the tartan group and go browse that
                > site. There seem to be more posts on the subject than I looked at just now,
                > and I recall references to custom tank makers at some time in the not so
                > distant past.
                >
                > Bob

              • RAY TOSTADO
                Message 7 of 7 , Mar 2, 2009
                  James,

                  Also get on the www.VETUS.com<http://www.vetus.com/> web page. They carry flex tanks for black water.

                  ray

                  I did a bunch of research a couple of years ago on a new holding tank for my
                  O78 N30 II. The old one is in the vanity cabinetry in the head. It only