boom rigging

  • carl101101
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 7, 2014
      well
      My 78 newport 30 2 is in the water ...!!
      now I just need a pic or diagram of how to rig the boom and I have traveler rigged ...
      I just bought her last year so any help would be apreciated !!

      Thanks and fair winds

    • Joe Brown
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 7, 2014
        Is this the pic you need?

        image.jpeg
        image.jpeg
        On Jun 7, 2014, at 9:57 AM, "psswireless@... [newportsailboats]" <newportsailboats@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        well
        My 78 newport 30 2 is in the water ...!!
        now I just need a pic or diagram of how to rig the boom and I have traveler rigged ...
        I just bought her last year so any help would be apreciated !!

        Thanks and fair winds

      • Robert Schock
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 7, 2014
          Don’t know about the third block forward. This is the way Gary Mull designed it, came and looked at everything, and we have always carried it with no problems. Note the eye splice at the end held by a D ring.
          Bob Schock
          ’74 N30-II #477
        • Martin Besant
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 8, 2014
            Ours is a 30 MkIII. The double block on the traveler has a becket, so
            our rigging is closer to the first posting: 2 blocks on the boom, from
            becket to stern block, back to double on the traveler, up to a second
            block on the boom, back to double on traveler. Finally to a single that
            directs the sheet forward to the mast
            Guess that proves a picture is worth a thousand words :-)

            ’74 N30-II #477On Jun 7, 2014, at 6:57 AM, psswireless@...
            [newportsailboats] <newportsailboats@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
            wellMy 78 newport 30 2 is in the water ...!!now I just need a pic or
            diagram of how to rig the boom and I have traveler rigged ...I just
            bought her last year so any help would be apreciated !!Thanks and fair
            winds
          • Luis Claudio
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 8, 2014
              Robert:

              I have a Newport 30 Mark II and I will be going to the boat tomorrow and take pictures of the boom and the traveler. Attached is a very high definition picture of the Boom and Traveler...you can blow it up and get some detains. I will be taking more photos for you tomorrow...there are some storms blowing by Dallas and if they are still here tomorrow I may have to delay one day but I will get them for you in the next day or so.

              Best regards

              Luis R Claudio
              SV Rai Rai
              1977 Newport 30 Mark II

                Message 7 of 8 , Jun 9, 2014

                  Did any of you guys check the manual on the Newport website? Capitalyachts.info. We’ve got manuals for just about every Capital Yachts boat built. Plus (and this is only a guess on my part) since the 27, 28, 30, 31, & 33 all use the same boom, I think they are all probably rigged the same.

                  In fact, try this link: http://www.capitalyachts.info/newport30mkIII/Sec1_2.pdf

                  Hope this helps.

                  Best Regards

                  Jeffrey Beardsley

                  S/V Honu

                  Newport 33

                  Port of Everett, WA

                  Message 8 of 8 , Jun 10, 2014
                    on my 28 I converted the boom to traveler rigging to exclude the run to the mast and instead have a cam locking block on the traveler.

                    mjb
                    defiant n28 1980