Re: [Newport Sailboats] N28 Forward Teak Trim

  • Frank Murphy
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 9, 2013
      Rich, thanks for the response and a valid point, below the waterline repairs are critical. Just to clarify, one of my first jobs on Elixir, (thanks in part to this website), was to completely replace and re-bed all of the original through hulls with new brass. I was horrified by the descriptions of plastic gate valves, and was concerned about the old bedding. When I say "cap" what I mean is I used brass threaded caps, that I purchsed with the through-hulls, and put them on with Teflon tape. This way they are sealed, until needed. The portable head is sufficient for the current day sailing, and short overnights for two, and I have found it easy to manage. Thanks again, Frank