11472Re: [Newport Sailboats] Digest Number 1778

  • Ed Simpson
    Jun 9, 2014
      Welcome aboard Terry,
      and you will enjoy the Newport...I have an older II and love it...
      Ed Simpson
      Spokane WA
      N30 II #854

      On Saturday, June 7, 2014 3:05 AM, "newportsailboats@yahoogroups.com" <newportsailboats@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Newport Sailboats - For Owners and admirers of Newport Sailboats

      1 Message

      Digest #1778
      1
      new member by "Terry Ney" tney88

      Message

      Fri Jun 6, 2014 11:21 am (PDT) . Posted by:

      "Terry Ney" tney88

      Hello,

      I wanted to introduce myself as a new member. We sail on Fern Ridge Lake
      outside of Eugene, OR, with the annual trip to sail in the Salish Sea (San
      Juan Islands and Gulf Islands of WA). I currently have a Laguna Windrose
      18 and a Catalina 25, but we just made an offer on a 1986 Newport 30 Mk III
      yesterday, and are waiting to hear if it will be accepted. The Newport is
      in Portland, OR, but we will have it hauled down to Fern Ridge for the
      summer, and then have a trailer built to haul it up to Puget Sound for our
      annual trip in September.

      We're looking forward to our new adventure, and hope to be a productive
      member of this group. I'd enjoy hearing from any Newport 30 owners,
      especially ones in Oregon or Washington.

      Regards,

      Terry Ney