11470Re: [Newport Sailboats] boom rigging

  • Luis Claudio
    Jun 8, 2014
      Robert:

      I have a Newport 30 Mark II and I will be going to the boat tomorrow and take pictures of the boom and the traveler. Attached is a very high definition picture of the Boom and Traveler...you can blow it up and get some detains. I will be taking more photos for you tomorrow...there are some storms blowing by Dallas and if they are still here tomorrow I may have to delay one day but I will get them for you in the next day or so.

      Best regards

      Luis R Claudio
      SV Rai Rai
      1977 Newport 30 Mark II

      On Sunday, June 8, 2014 3:37 PM, "Martin Besant mbesant@... [newportsailboats]" <newportsailboats@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Ours is a 30 MkIII. The double block on the traveler has a becket, so
      our rigging is closer to the first posting: 2 blocks on the boom, from
      becket to stern block, back to double on the traveler, up to a second
      block on the boom, back to double on traveler. Finally to a single that
      directs the sheet forward to the mast
      Guess that proves a picture is worth a thousand words :-)