11448Re: [Newport Sailboats] Fwd: Scupper

  • adam marvin
    May 26, 2014
      Hello,
      I have a 75 n28 and am having issues with the drains as well. Is there any way you could take a couple pics of your setup? My boat has two 1" drains that exit through the transom. They are below waterline when we are under motor and the cockpit takes on water unless the drains are plugged. I was thinking of installing a flapper or float type scupper.

      Thanks,
      Adam

      On Monday, May 26, 2014 7:43 AM, "SpunkysSD@... [newportsailboats]" <newportsailboats@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Has anyone had to rebed the flapper scuppers on the Newport 28'? I am taking on a small amount of water when heeling to one side only. I am thinking of putting a small bead of epoxy around the thru hull from the cabin side but epoxy is rather final as opposed to something like 3m 5200; then put a bead of the 5200 on the outside of the transom. Then I'll go underneath and use the 5200 on the seams there. I really like the flappers but they are spaced off the back of the transom to accommodate the flapper edges. Any advice?   Brian - Spunky's Summer Daze  78' Newport 28".

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic