Last Night's Afterworker

  • The Black Knight
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2006
      Hi All

      You missed a very pleasant tour in the evening sunshine last night. Here's the numbers

      Riders:5
      Miles:12
      Parks:1
      Canals:2
      Rivers:2
      Marinas:1
      Supermarkets:2
      Greenway:1
      Industrial estates:1
      Punctures:1
      Got lost:Twice
      Pubs:1
      Company:Priceless

      Regards

      The Black Knight

      In what sea are the Gulf of Bothnia and the Gulf of Finland both located?

      postmaster.co.uk
      http://www.postmaster.co.uk/cgi-bin/meme/quiz.pl?id=171
    • The Black Knight
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 8, 2006
        Hi Folks

        Nine started the ride last night with reps from Hackney and Newham on what was the hottest evening of the year so far. Where were you all? Lead by our leader Owen we took a very pleasant trip up the Lea Valley and then visited Eastway on the way back. Here's the stats.

        Riders: 8
        Temperature: 25c
        Miles: 10
        Folders: 1
        Parks: 2
        Canals: 2
        Rivers: 1
        Racing circuits: 1
        Police search helicopters: 1
        Buses on fire: 1
        Pubs: 1
        Company: Priceless.

        Regards

        The Black Knight

        What is the capital city of Saudi Arabia?

        postmaster.co.uk
        http://www.postmaster.co.uk/cgi-bin/meme/quiz.pl?id=186
      • The Black Knight
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 27, 2006
          Hi Folks

          Arriving on the Green Bridge to find only one person waiting I had
          this distinct feeling that I'd been here before, but fail not within
          10 minutes six others had arrived (two new) and we set off and met two
          others near by.

          The evening was overcast, a little too warm but breezy and threating
          to chuck down big time but fortunately it didn't. We wended our way
          down the canal and then through Canary Wharf and on to the Woolwich
          Ferry via the opposite side of the Excel Centre. The Ferry had
          finished for the evening so we executed Plan B and made our way to the
          end of the City airport runway for a break. At this time of night
          (about 8.30) there are planes landing every two minutes. We stood and
          watched for a while as the sun was going down, how sad.

          From the airport we made our way to the A13 and then onto the
          Greenway. Halfway down we added Steve (THW's ride fuhrer) to the group
          who was waiting for us. We continued along the Greenway and then
          picked up the canals back the Victoria Park and on to the Palm Tree
          for a refreshing pint or two where we were joined by other Wheelie
          persons.

          A throughly enjoyable evening in some pleasant company. Passing the
          Abbey Mills sewage plant last night reminds me that we have a ride to
          the other catherdral of poo, Crossness, Erith this Sunday. Check out
          our website. Also, check our neigbouring borough websites, there's
          plenty of activity this weekend.

          Here's the stats

          Riders: 10 +1
          Insurgents: 2 (nice ones)