Lee Valley Ride This Saturday

  • Greg Smith
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 20, 2001
      On behalf of Newham Cycling Campaign group I am proposing to organise a ride on August Bank holiday Saturday. 25th

      Just a reminder that I am organising a ride this Saturday meet at 12 noon for start at 12.15 prompt from outside the EastWay Cycle circuit (Off Temple Mills Lane stratford/hackney marshes).  If lost try me on mobile 07960 440286 (Saturday only)

      Expedition to find the source of the Lea! (well perhaps)

      Suggest we start from Eastway cycle circuit at 12 noon. Bring a picnic. Pubs and cafes along the way. Good birdwatching and some playgrounds for kids.

      We will aim to reach Waltham Abbey / Chesunt (with options to go on to Rye House or Hertford) It will be about 20 miles on traffic free cycle routes and river towpaths. (NB. riders (especially children who must be accompanied by a responsible adult) need to be confident and responsible as in places the towpath is narrow.

      You can opt to return by train to Liverpool Street and Stratford etc.
      Or cycle back to make it about 40 miles

      Greg Smith
      51 Claude Road
      London E13 0QQ
      tel 0208 470 4631
      email greg3@...
      home page:   http://homepages.uel.ac.uk/G.Smith/
      family web site   http://www.maister-smith.fsnet.co.uk/familyweb/home.htm

      ---
    • Siobhan
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 22, 2001
        Greg,

        Just so you know, Rob and I wont be able to join you on your ride this saturday because my parents are staying with us and we have other arrangements. I'm sure you'll have a good time.

        See you soon

        Siobhan Owens
        Newham Cycling Campaign Co-ordinator