Chilterns rides, 8 October

  • Owen Pearson
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 5, 2005
      If you fancy joining in with one of the rides (long & fast or short &
      slow) we will be doing out in the Chilterns on Saturday while we're
      on our "weekend away" then read on...

      Both rides will go through the wooded lanes of the Chiltern Hundreds
      which should be starting to looking resplendent in autumn colours.
      The terrain is a bit lumpy so prepare for some occasional spinning of
      those lower gears.

      90K (56 miles) faster ride:
      Ken will be leading this one. It appears there are the dreaded
      "engineering works" so to get out by train will mean using the Met
      line to Amersham (no problem taking your bike on that - get on at
      Aldgate). You should aim to arrive by 11.

      NB If you plan to join the ride you _must_ let Ken know on 07968
      723313 so he makes sure you get picked up from the station.

      Shorter slower ride:
      We haven't actually worked out the finer details of this ride yet.
      It will though be around 30 miles at an easy pace. If you'd like to
      join in on this ride then let Owen know at
      owen@.../07903 018970 and we'll ensure our
      route will enable us to pick you up.

      ps if any of you are real early birds then just find a map, get on
      the tube to Amersham and ride to meet us at the Jordons YH. We will
      be setting off on the rides promptly at 10am though so you must
      ensure you arrive with plenty of time to spare or you'll be left
      behind.

      http://www.wheelers.org.uk/diary/