News and Rides

  • Jane & Arnold Ridout
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 13, 2013
      All,

      The ride for Newham Councillors (the first part of the New Newham Ride) went off successfully last Saturday.  15 Councillors attended and the feedback was excellent.  Thanks to Bernard who thought up and led the ride, and to Nigel who organised bike hire.

      The ride demonstrated once again the potential of the Lower Lea Valley for cycling and it was therefore great news to hear that the London Legacy Development Corporation and Newham Council are confident of securing the land/rights to complete the cycle/walking pathway down to the River Thames  - with Cody Dock as the centrepiece between Bow and the Thames.   We were given an estimate of 2 years for this path to be achieved.  If this comes off it will be a great boon for leisure cycling in the area.

      And don't forget our programme of rides:

      • Saturday 15 June - the New Newham Ride - departs Stratford at 10.30am.
      • Sunday 16 June - the River Lea Towpath Ride (to Ware and back) departs the View Tube at 10.am
      • Sat 6 July - Epping Forest and Copped Hall, departs Stratford at 10.00am
      Arnold