Fwd: Invitation to “Cyclists and the Law” a semi nar hosted by Jenny Jones AM

  • Jane & Arnold Ridout
    Message 1 of 2 , May 2 12:14 PM
    If anyone is interested in attending I will forward the reply form to them.

    Arnold

    Date:Thu, 2 May 2013 11:22:25 +0000
    From:Rachel Carlill <Rachel.Carlill@...>
    To:<gilljames@...>

    GREATERLONDONAUTHORITY
    EMAIL NOTICE:
    The information in this email may contain confidential or privileged materials. Please read the full email notice at  http://www.london.gov.uk/email-notice

  • Rob Skedgell
    Message 2 of 2 , May 6 9:53 AM
      Would there be any scope at this seminar to raise the issue of (non-)
      enforcement of ASL contraventions?

      I strongly suspect that if these were enforced under the civil framework
      of other moving traffic contraventions like box junction, prohibited
      turn, etc. A reasonably high probability of a £65 PCN under the London
      Local Authorities and Transport for London Act 2003 using existing CCTV,
      rather than the current position of it being theoretically a criminal
      matter with less chance of enforcement than being hit by an asteroid,
      might actually have a non-zero deterrent effect.