A13 Blackwall Tunnel Approach

  • Jane & Arnold Ridout
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 11, 2013
      All,

      For those who commute to central London via CS£ and the A13, I have been informed of a consultation concerning the Blackwall Tunnel approach (copied below). Anyone with views should respond direct.   If you would like to see the  drawings let me know.

      Arnold

      "----
      From: Grant Kennaird <Grant.Kennaird@...>
      To: "owen@..." <owen@...>
      Subject: A13 East India Dock Road - Shared Use Footway
      Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2013 12:46:23 +0000

      Dear all,

      A13 East India Dock Road - Shared Use Footway

      Hyder Consulting have been asked to consult you on current proposals to convert the existing southern footway of the A13 East India Dock Road, between Tunnel approach and Leamouth Road, to a shared use facility for pedestrians and cyclists.  The scheme aims to provide a safe facility for cyclists along the A13 in response to the removal of the westbound bus lane due before the Olympic games last year.  The shared footway would cater for those cyclists that currently wish to maintain a direct route along  the A13 rather than using the alternative Cycle Super Highway Route 3.

      A summary of the scheme includes:

      ·         Connects to the existing Cycle Super Highway Route 3
      ·         Improves existing cycle facilities on the footway
      ·         Provide appropriate cycle signage for shared use footway using existing street furniture where possible
      ·         Ghost central give-way bay for cyclist on Nutmeg Lane junction
      ·         Cycle advance stop line on the A13 East India Dock Road approach to the junction with the A12.
      ·         Dropped kerb access on to the carriageway at the proposed cycle advance stop line and at the bus stop.  This requires sections of guard railing to be removed.
      ·         Decluttering the footway by removal unnecessary bollards and posts
      ·         Discussion with TfL Cycle Superhighways Route 3 Team regarding additional signage at the Leamouth Road junction.

      May I please ask that you review the attached drawings and pass comment to me no later than 15/03/15.  Once all of your comments have been collated the scheme design will reviewed and appropriate amendments incorporated.  If you would like to discuss any aspect of the scheme please feel free to contact me on

      Kind Regards

      Grant Kennaird
      Highways Engineer, Highways & Transportation

      Hyder Consulting (UK) Ltd
      Manning House,
      22 Carlisle Place,
      London, SW1P 1JA"