Bike Week In Tower Hamlets

  • The Black Knight
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 7, 2005
      Hi All

      Below is a link to Wheelers' events for Bike Week. The East End on Screen ride next Wednesday evening is limited to 25 people on a first come basis. To reserve a place please send an email to:

      keith@....

      Wheelers Bike Week Events: http://www.towerhamletswheelers.org.uk/bikeweek/

      Regards

      The Black Knight

      Create your own safe chat rooms.

      http://www.homemaster.net - Homemaster. Come Together. Online.
    • The Black Knight
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 13, 2007
        Hi Folks

        This is the Wheelers list of Bike Week events in Tower Hamlets. All
        events are free and all are welcomed.

        Saturday 16th June 10.00 am
        Epping Forest Ride – First Timers Longer Ride
        Meet on top of the Green Bridge, Mile End Park E3
        Test yourself over a longer distance than our usual easy rides. The
        pace will still be easy but we will cover up to 50 miles with
        convenient drop-out points along the way if you would prefer to aim
        for a shorter distance. This ride was a great success last year so
        give it a go! Contact: Steve 07870 365533

        Sunday 17th June 12.00 pm – 4.00 pm
        Wheelers Cycling Fun Day
        Victoria Park (Royal Gate East, Grove Road, near Royal Inn on the Park pub)
        Come along to the 6th Wheelers Cycling Fun Day. There will be a Dr
        Bike stand so you can get your bike tuned, an obstacle course to test
        your bike handling skills, a cycling information stall and more.
        Contact: Owen 07903 018970

        Tuesday 19th June 7:00 pm
        Themed Afterworker Ride (theme tba)
        Meet on top of the Green Bridge, Mile End Park E3
        Another sure to be popular Wheelers' themed ride. Guided tour weaving
        around the borough and the City.
        Don't forget your lights just in case. Contact: Dave 07790 387315

        Wednesday 20th 7.30 am – 9.30 am
        Wheelers Cyclists' Breakfast
        Narrow Street at Ropemakers Fields (near The Grapes pub) E14
        Traditional Bike Week event across London - stop by on your way to
        work and enjoy some free breakfast. Meet with your fellow commuters &
        Wheelers members. Contact: Owen 07903 018970

        Thursday 21st 2.00 am (yes in the morning)
        Midsummer Madness Ride
        Meet at Beigel Bake, Brick Lane E1 6SB
        Ride to Primrose Hill to watch the sun come up on the longest day. We
        will first ride to London Bridge to meet up with cyclists from all
        over the capital before heading off to Soho for a coffee stop.
        Finally, all will ride up to Primrose Hill to watch the sunrise at
        4.43am. Contact: Owen 07903 018970

        Friday 22nd 7.00 pm
        The Glamour Ride
        Meet on top of the Green Bridge, Mile End Park E3
        A fun easy ride where we encourage you to dress up for the occasion!
        Prizes for those that look the best. We'll ride along to the Thames to
        the South Bank and back. You won't find a better way to end your week!
        Don't forget your lights.
        Contact: Steve 07870 365533

        Saturday 23rd 6:415 pm
        The Smithfield Nocturne
        Meet at Beigel Bake, Brick Lane E1 for a leisurely ride to the event.
        As a prelude to the Tour de France, a fantastic evening in prospect
        with a series of races around the historic Smithfield market
        culminating with an elite profession race and a fun folder race. More
        info at www. smithfieldnocturne.co.uk
        Contact Keith 07944 177343

        Sunday 24th June 12.00 pm 4.00 pm
        The Tower Hamlets Boundary Ride
        Meet on top of the Green Bridge, Mile End Park E3
        Think you know Tower Hamlets? Then try this easy ride following the
        borough's boundary.
        Contact: Owen 07903 018970