Fwd: [thw-ml] Wheelers' ride Sat 9th February

  • Jane & Arnold Ridout
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 5 9:42 AM
      ---------- Forwarded message ----------
      From: "Caroline Fenton" <caroline@...>
      Date: 3 Feb 2013 21:41
      Subject: [thw-ml] Wheelers' ride Sat 9th February
      To: <thw-mailing@yahoogroups.com>, "THW yahoogroup" <towerhamletswheelers@yahoogroups.com>, "hackney-lcc@yahoogroups.com" <hackney-lcc@yahoogroups.com>, "LCCrider" <lccrider@yahoogroups.com>

      Next weekend we have a moderate/hard ride for you. A repeat of last
      year's popular outing, this ride starts from Orpington, then heads up
      the Darenth Valley towards a morning tea stop in Knole Deer park. From
      there it's on to lunch in Penshurst (pub and cafe options). Plenty of
      traffic free riding on this part, suitable for all bikes, but some
      non-tarmaced section. After lunch we head back to Sevenoaks via an
      ascent of Ide Hill. Expect plenty of climbing and rolling terrain. Its
      still early in the year so the pace will be moderate. No-one left
      behind, we'll wait at the top of the hills for everyone and ride as a
      group on the flat. Don't worry if you think you might have to walk the
      steepest parts.

      Meet outside the ticket office at London Bridge station at 9am for an
      9:15am train to Orpington. Tickets £11 or £5.50 with a groupsave ticket
      (buy return to Sevenoaks). Alternatively meet outside the EAST exit at
      Orpington station at 9:30am. Expected return to London Bridge between
      5-6pm. About 45 miles in total, but drop-out points along the way with
      trains back to London (25miles and 33miles, separate ticket purchase
      required for drop-out stations).

      IMPORTANT - this ride is weather dependent and will not go ahead if
      there is a possibility of ice (or other dangerous weather) on the route.
      We will confirm (or cancel if required) by 6pm on the day before. Please
      check your emails and our website the evening before to confirm if the
      ride is going ahead, don't set out unless you know for certain.

      Ride leader is Alex [alex@...] 07813 104681

      Newcomers are always very welcome on Wheelers' rides, you are very
      welcome, but please take a look at our ride guidance notes so you know
      what to expect (http://www.towerhamletswheelers.org.uk/rides/ride-guidance)

      Our next scheduled ride after this is Feb 23rd, but more are being
      planned so look out for e-mails or check our website.

      Caroline