Wheelers Rides, 5 & 6 Feb

  • Owen Pearson
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2005
      Following on from one of the busiest and best workshops last Saturday
      (thanks to the helpers and all who came along!) we have a rides
      double bill this weekend.

      Janice and myself will lead Saturday's excursion and Steve is y'man
      for Sunday's li'l spin through Kent.

      Saturday, 5th February
      Easy RIDE: Up the Lee Valley to Waltham Abbey
      We're joining up with a Sustrans Rangers Lee Valley ride, Waltham
      Forest LCC will be tagging along too. The destination will be
      Waltham Abbey (about 20 miles) but you can drop out and head back
      when you like or catch a train. The pace will be nice 'n' easy as the
      rangers will be wanting to stop and discuss routes, sign posts etc.
      Meet on top of the Green Bridge (map: http://tinyurl.com/559h5) at
      10.00am. We will be aiming to meet them all at the Springfield Cafe
      at 11am so if we get there with time to spare we can fit in a second
      breakfast :-)
      Contact Owen call/text 07903 018970.
      (info about Sustrans Rangers at:
      http://www.sustrans.org.uk/default.asp?sID=1094210836773)

      Sunday, 6th February
      (* not on 5th Feb as listed in THWnews Feb/Mar newsletter)
      RIDE: Canterbury - Tonbridge - London
      Catch the train to Canterbury, then 100 miles of NCN routes through
      quiet lanes, North Downs through Weald of Kent and on to London. Opt
      out points along the way for shorter distances.
      Meet on top of the Green Bridge (map: http://tinyurl.com/559h5) at
      6.30am (or if coming from Hackney, 6.15am outside Little Georgia,
      Broadway Market map: http://tinyurl.com/6wxdz).
      Contact Steve call/text 07951 797845.

      http://www.wheelers.org.uk/diary/