Miscellaneous Information

  • Jane & Arnold Ridout
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 2, 2011
      Hi All,

      1. Two interesting questions to Boris:

      Cycle funding for Newham council

      Question No: 1668 / 2011

      Jenny Jones

      How much additional cycle training funding has, or will, TfL be giving to Newham Council for the financial years 2010/11 and 2011/12 for the Cycle Superhighway from Tower Hill to Barking that runs through Newham? Will you be withholding funds until completion of the work on CS2 and will that include the Stratford High Street section?

      Written response from the Mayor

      Barclays Cycle Superhighway Route

       3 (CS3) which runs from Tower Gateway to Barking was one of the two pilot routes to open in July 2010.  CS3 runs through LB Newham, although mostly on Transport for London roads.

      Newham was allocated £40,000 for additional cycle training in 2010/11 as part of the funding available to boroughs hosting the first two Barclays Cycle Superhighway routes. This funding stream expired at the end of 2010/11.

      In 2011/12, funding for additional resident cycle training will be available for boroughs hosting the next two routes, 2 and 8.  As CS2 does not currently pass through Newham, they will not be able to bid for this funding.  TfL expects that in the future, funding for additional cycle training would be made available to boroughs hosting any extension to Route 2.

      Question No: 1460 / 2011

      John Biggs

      Further to your answer to MQ 1072/2011 can you inform me if the LB of Newham will loose any funding as a result of the delay in implementation the CS2 from Aldgate to Ilford. If so, can you quantify what they loose from the implementation budget and how much from cycle training?

      Written response from the Mayor

      If Barclays Cycle Superhighway Route 2 had continued to Ilford, the London Borough of Newham would have been given the opportunity to bid for up to a further £20,000 of cycle training funding.  Newham would have also been able to bid for up to around £100,000 for residential and estate cycle parking, and around £5,000 for bicycle safety checks. In addition there would have been the value of the infrastructure improvements brought about by the introduction of the Cycle Superhighway itself.

      2. There is a workshop on Friday 8 July at Stratford Town Hall run by the Olympic park Legacy Company on Friday 8 July 6.00pm to 8.00pm on their new proposed alternative for the legacy velopark (which is seemingly seriously worse that the original plan.)  This is a chance to press for something better.

      3. Royal Albert Way is being closed overnight for an experimental period of 6 months to stop car racing.  We suggested traffic calming which would have brought wider benefits.  If anyone would like to submit further comments please let me know.

      Arnold.
    • Regis
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 2, 2011
        Hi Arnold,

        The last time I was at a meeting someone was talking about buying
        unclaimed bikes from Police Station...

        Do you have any tip on this in East London?

        Regards,

        Regis
      • Jane & Arnold Ridout
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 2, 2011
          Hi Regis,

          This is the auction house which is in Leytonstone.  I think sales are every two weeks on a Thursday.

          Arnold.

          On 2 July 2011 20:25, Regis <regismartin72@...> wrote:

          Hi Arnold,

          The last time I was at a meeting someone was talking about buying
          unclaimed bikes from Police Station...

          Do you have any tip on this in East London?

          Regards,

          Regis

        • Robin Stephenson

            Message 5 of 5 , May 15 7:00 AM

              All,
              • Bike maintenance and cycle training
              At the upcoming Community Forum events there will be free Dr Bikes (bike maintenance) and cycle training taster sessions on offer.

              Saturday 19/5/12 12pm-4pm Nelson Primary School Green Street

              Saturday 26/5/12 12pm-4pm Sandringham School Royal Docks

              Friday 1/6/12 4pm-8pm Britannia Village Hall & Britannia School

              Organised by : Richard Wadey, Assistant School Travel Advisor, Traffic & Transportation Highways, Transport and Parking Division
              London Borough of Newham
              Newham Dockside, 1000 Dockside Road, London E16
              2QU
              DDI: 020 337 34011 Int: 34011

              • Current Newham Consultations on Stratford Parking Zones; Permit Changes in Newham's Contolled Parking Zones; Barking Rd /Hermit Road and Beckton Road Junctrions; and  Canning Town parking.  If you are interested in these I will forward them to you.

              • Next meeting - an evening ride (weather permitting).  Details to follow.

              Arnold