Meeting on Tuesday and other news

  • Jane & Arnold Ridout
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2011
      All,

      At the meeting last Tuesday

      • We discussed and agreed the note ("£9 million wasted") which Bernard has now circulated.
      • In anticipation of a Newham "Cycle Summit" meeting we identified some priorities for discussion:  a cycle liaison group,CS2, promotion of cycling in Newham, the extension of the cycle hire scheme, Stratford (general cycling provision, station as a cycling hub, access to Channelsea path), cycle parking, and north-south routes.
      • We looked at the plan for a cycle contraflow for Windmill Lane, which was welcomed although it needed to be complemented by easier access into Windmill lane from Maryland.
      • We decided to set up a Facebook account to disseminate news.  Watch this space.
      • We considered the possibility of running a stall at the beginning of Bike Week i.e. 18 June.  If anyone is interested in helping for all or part of this exercise, please let me know.
      • We decided that Mondays were too frequently Bank holidays to be suitable for meetings so we decided to change this to the last Tuesday in each month.  Therefore the next meeting will be on Tuesday 24 May, 7.00pm  at Stratford Circus.   After that we are likely mix meetings with a short summer evening ride.
      Next Saturday, 7 May is the Bike Maintenance Workshop

      This takes place at New City School, New City Road, Plaistow (entrance in Coronation Gardens) from 9.30am, as part of the school's normal Saturday Bike club.  A Dr Bike, paid for by Newham Cyclists, is available  and a whole range of tools. It ends about 11.30am.

      Ride Leader Training

      Can all those who are interested in participating in this let me know their availability in June as soon as possible so that I can secure a date which suits the most.

      Arnold.