Readout from this evening's meeting
- All,A lively and profitable meeting benefited from participation from John Emmett (UEL) and Gerhard Weiss (LCC HQ and Waltham Forest).We discussed and co-ordinated:
- The delegation to the Council Cabinet meeting on 17 March.
- The response to the Core Strategies document - a key framework for the conduct of future planning and development in Newham.
- The Annual Meeting on 28 March.
And for information:
- To designate one Saturday per month (to be fixed so as not to clash with Tower Hamlets' and Waltham Fores's equivalent) for a cycle maintenance session in conjunction with New City School's Bicycle Club.
- To pay for a Dr Bike at such meetings, and to precede the new Newham rides in 2011.
- To promote and contribute to a local ride leaders course (hopefully with neighbouring boroughs) particularly with a view to preparing ourselves to contribute to leading rides to and from the Olympics.
- To actively use the local group facilities on the new LCC website when it is brought on stream in the next couple of months (rather than purchase a separate website).
- To design and purchase a banner when the current LCC branding discussions have been completed.
- Newham Council had agreed to publicise the 2011 Newham rides.
- John Biggs, our London Assembly Member, was willing to ask a mayoral question on the cutting of Cycle Superhighway 2.