Stratford High Street - help reporting problems

  • rach_19_76
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 1, 2010
      Hi All

      Having increasing problems with my commute along Stratford High Street - the contractors keep putting road signs in the cycle lane (going into Stratford from the Bow roundabout/river) which makes an already unpleasant section of my journey more hazardous. I took a few pictures of this yesterday and would like to report it to the Council. Could someone tell me how I do this, as I couldn't figure it out from the website?

      thank you

      Rachel
    • Andrij Bebko

        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 1, 2010
          Never ANYTHING to do with me.

          Quite happy to add another voice to a complaint, that stretch is really a drag.

          Also, does anyone know what the accident was a few weeks ago, when someone was killed, westbound ? Was it a cyclist? I really wouldn't be surprised.

          Ham

          On 1 October 2010 12:37, Andrij Bebko <abebko@...> wrote:

[...]

        • Jane & Arnold Ridout
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 5, 2010
            Rachel,

            The Newham Cycling Officer is Kristian Turner whose e-mail address is

            (I think he is also a subsriber to this group but an e-mail to his official address is better)

            I agree with you that Stratford High Street is very difficult for cyclists during works and I for one am worried that the 24 hour bus lanes will not be restored.

            I also agree that the "Cyclists Dismount" signs are ridiculous.  The latest example being that on the Romford Road near UEL.

            Arnold.

            Arnold.

            On 1 October 2010 12:13, rach_19_76 <rachaldred@...> wrote:

            Hi All

            Having increasing problems with my commute along Stratford High Street - the contractors keep putting road signs in the cycle lane (going into Stratford from the Bow roundabout/river) which makes an already unpleasant section of my journey more hazardous. I took a few pictures of this yesterday and would like to report it to the Council. Could someone tell me how I do this, as I couldn't figure it out from the website?

            thank you

            Rachel

          • Windows Live Hotmail Team
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 5, 2010
              I try to avoid stratford as much as possible. the town planners are hopeless!

              I go to the Osteopath at Liberty clinic in Romford road and every time I try to lock my bike to the bike stand there is a great big dustbin pushed against it so I have to put my bike on the pavement edge to chain it to the bike stand. I have complained to newham council but got no reply. Has anyone got any ideas
              Margaret

              To: newham-cycling@yahoogroups.com