Re: [newham-cycling] Passing the Baton

  • Bernard McDonnell
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 1, 2010
      Rather than making me depressed I find that my three favourite filmakers, Ingmar Bergman, Werner Hertzog and Bela Tarr (Hungarian) enhance life. But you are right that you did warn me against watching Bela Tarr films - they are not for everyone.

      On another matter, I am hoping to arrange a van to bring Newham Cyclists back from the London to Brighton ride. Bikes would come back in the van, owners by train. There will be a cost of about £10. Anyone interested in joining this 60 mile ride starting from Stratford at 6.30 am on 20 June send me an individual email, not one that goes to the whole group. Below my name 'Bernard' to the right of this message you will see 'send email'. Click on this to send me an individual  message rather than one that clutters up everyone's inbox.

      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 1, 2010
        Dear Bernard,

        Thank you very much for your hard work and dedication. I'm glad that you will remain an active and vociferous back bencher and look forward to seeing you at rides and the odd ODA meeting.

        I'm relieved that Arnold, who is already doing such a great job, is continuing the good work.

        Best of luck to you and the Newham Cycling Campaign.

        Gerhard

        --- In newham-cycling@yahoogroups.com, "Bernard" <oksoiamnotagenius@...> wrote:

        > After more than 4 years as Coordinator of Newham Cyclists I am retiring to the backbenches.
        >
        > Arnold Ridout is now leader of the group.
        >
        > I will still be around to help Arnold and I am continuing with my New Newham and 2012 bike rides but the direction of the group is now in his more than capable hands.
        >
        > Bernard McDonnell

      • Joshua Ewulo
        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 1, 2010
          Hello Bernard,

          It's Joshua Ewulo from Newham Cyclist - I am doing the London to Brighton on 20 June. £10 at the ready.

          Joshua