Saturday ride

  • Bernard
    Message 1 of 11 , May 6 2:12 AM
      New Newham and 2012 bike ride

      Saturday 8 May .

      The ride starts at 10.30 from outside Stratford Station and finishes back at
      Stratford Station at about 15.00. No need to book. Just turn up on the day.

      These leisurely, social, rides with a café stop, are almost entirely
      off-road along paths suitable for all types of bikes in good working order.
      The places of scenic and architectural interest on this Newham route
      include - the Greenway, 2012 Stadium, Three Mills (Grade I listed), Royal
      Docks, the ExCel 2012 venue, Thames Barrier Park, Brick Lane Music Hall ,
      London City Airport, Beckton Alps and St Mary Magdalene Church (Grade I
      listed).
    • Bernard
      Message 2 of 11 , May 25 6:12 AM
        New Newham and 2012 ride

        The ride starts at 10.30 on Saturday 29 May 2010 from outside Stratford
        Station and finishes back at
        Stratford Station at about 15.00. No need to book. Just turn up on the day.

        This leisurely, social, ride with a café stop, is almost entirely
        off-road along paths suitable for all types of bikes in good working order.
        The places of scenic and architectural interest on this Newham route
        include - the Greenway, 2012 Stadium, Three Mills (Grade I listed), Royal
        Docks, the ExCel 2012 venue, Thames Barrier Park, Brick Lane Music Hall ,
        London City Airport, Beckton Alps and St Mary Magdalene Church (Grade I
        listed).

        Bernard McDonnell
        07947236965
      • Bernard

          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 28, 2010
            Biodiversity in the City with Sarah Price of Sarah Price Landscapes

            The tour celebrates how gardens and parks have kept biodiversity alive in cities, providing rich experiences for wildlife and people…Not only can naturalistic city planting be environmentally sound, but if thoughtfully designed, it can be dramatically beautiful. The ride will explore potential ways of bringing nature right into the heart of towns and cities. This may be achieved at all levels, from the smallest gardens, roadside verges to large parks. Unlike many wildlife gardens these sites are neither scruffy nor unkempt but are designed to be breathtakingly beautiful in their planting. The tour will also question the current fashion for native-only plantings with urban areas, suggesting instead that designed plantings of natives and exotics can be good for bio-diversity whilst additionally offering far more to the human users of landscape.

            Starts: 11am at The View Tube‎, The Greenway, Marshgate Lane, Stratford, London, E15 2PJ
            Ends: 1pm at The Phoenix Garden, Stacey Street, London, WC2H 8DG
          • Bernard
            Message 5 of 11 , May 3 12:13 PM
              New Newham and 2012 Bike Ride

              Saturday 7 May

              The ride starts at 10.30 from outside Stratford Station and finishes back at
              Stratford Station at about 15.00. No need to book. Just turn up on the day.

              This leisurely, social ride with a café stop, is almost entirely
              off-road along paths suitable for all types of bikes in good working order.
              The places of scenic and architectural interest on this Newham route
              include - the Greenway, 2012 View Tube, 2012 Stadium, Three Mills (Grade I listed), Royal Docks, the ExCel 2012 venue, Thames Barrier Park, Brick Lane Music Hall, London City Airport, Beckton Alps and St Mary Magdalene Church (Grade I
              listed).

              Bernard McDonnell
            • Bernard
              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 7, 2011
                New Newham Bike Ride

                Saturday 09 July 2011

                This ride starts at 10.30 from outside Stratford Station and finishes back at