THW ride on Sunday 6th September

  • Caroline Fenton
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2009
      Next on the Wheelers' programme we bring you "The Lee Valley, Epping Forest and Church Teas" easy/moderate ride.

      A day out up the Lee valley, morning coffee stop at Springfield Marina, lunch at Chingford (bring a picnic or there are plenty of caf├ęs) and then via Epping Forest to Upshire for tea at St Thomas's Church. This is a not to be missed experience, according to ride leader Gail "they do EVERYTHING! Cakes, cookies, muffins, tarts - you name it!". Return via Waltham Cross and then back down the river, about 35 miles in total. Lots of drop out points to stations if you don't want to do the full route

      Pace will be slow to moderate and generally flat (this ride avoids the steep hill up to High Beach). On roads, canal towpaths and good tracks so suitable for any bike.

      Meet at 09.30 On top of the Green Bridge, Mile End Park

      For general information about our rides and what to bring with you, go to http://www.towerhamletswheelers.org.uk/rides/rides-guidance.html.

      For more information about this ride contact Gail on GailAnne.Culverwell@... or 07900 056359