Fw: [lccrider] East of Bishop's Stortford

  • Anil Marcelline
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2008
      Fyinfo

      ----- Forwarded Message ----
      From: Ian Pendleton <pengouk@...>
      To: greenwichcyclists@yahoogroups.com; lewishamcyclists@yahoogroups.com; southwarkcyclists@yahoogroups.com; lccrider@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wednesday, 2 January, 2008 5:25:23 PM
      Subject: [lccrider] East of Bishop's Stortford

      Saturday 5th January - East of Bishop's Stortford

      Meet: 08:30 London Liverpool Street Station ticket office
      map
      <http://www.multimap .com/map/ browse.cgi? lat=51.5174& lon=-0.082& scale=10000& i
      con=x>
      Distance: 34 miles
      Contact: Ian - 07986 872 205

      This is a short rolling ride to ease away some of the excesses of the past
      two weeks.

      From Bishop's Stortford the ride heads north and east and skirts the
      perimeter of Stanstead Airport. We go east through small Essex villages
      cross the River Chelmer at Duton Hill and then head south through Stebbing.
      South of Stebbing we pick up the disused railway path that runs between
      Braintree and Bishop's Stortford, NCN16 and complete the loop back to
      Bishop's Stortford.Features of the ride are a noisy busy airport, quiet
      country lanes, abbey remains and 10-13 miles of traffic free cycling along
      NCN16.
      Pub lunch.
      I've not ridden this before but I'm informed NCN16 is suitable for all
      bikes. And of course daylight is in short supply at this time of the year so
      bring lights.

      An LCC <http://www.lcc. org.uk/> and Lewisham Cyclists
      <http://www.lewisham cyclists. net/index. html> event

      Sent from Yahoo! - a smarter inbox.