Afterworker Ride This Evening and Sunday's Ride

  • The Black Knight
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2007
      Hi Folks

      Just a reminder of our afterworker this evening. Assemble ON TOP the
      Green Bridge, Mile End Park at 6.30pm for a mystery ride mostly away
      from traffic and heading east. Bring lights and sunscreen, it's going
      to be a scorcher, BE THERE, no excuses.

      After we'll gather at the Palm Tree for refreshments from 9.00pm. Join
      us there if you can't make the ride

      Keith - 07944 177343

      PS Wheelers are committed to drug free rides except nicotine, caffiene
      and chips. Those caught with elevated levels of tofu and brown rice
      will be banned for two years without grounds for appeal. This also
      applies to cake and flapjack doping but some types of doughnuts are
      acceptable - you've been warned.

      Sunday, 5th August:
      Easy RIDE: Graveyard Trail
      A leisurely tour of some of the grand old Victorian cemeteries in
      London. There are seven of them scattered around the city, too many to
      see in one day so we will stick to three of them on the west side of the
      city: Brompton, Kensal Green and Highgate (entry £2.00). Bring your swim
      suit and we can stop for an optional swim at Hampstead Heath to cool
      off. And of course there will be plenty of cafe stops on the way.
      Meet at 10.00 am on top of the Green Bridge, Mile End Park.

      What will I see there? Well, to tempt you a bit further, maybe
      something like this:

      http://www.nyx.net/~anon52ea/Cemeteries_2006_06_17.html

      Kerry.
    • Kerry Nice
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 1, 2007
        Oops, I had brown rice for lunch today. And tofu yesterday. See you in
        two years, I guess.

        It could be ugly, I suspect that a number of other riders will have
        shameful confessions like this as well.

        Kerry.