Heman Robinson & Mary Colbath

  • Jane
    Message 1 of 1 , May 5, 2010
      I need help with Heman Robinson born 1818 in New Hampshire and his wife Mary Colbath born 1815 in Maine (according to census records) They were married 1837 in Lowell, Ma. They went on to have a family of 12. They travelled alot with Heman's work in the cotton mill industry. The last sighting of Heman was in Middlelfield Conn. From there he just dropped off the face of the earth.

      Their children:

      Andrew J b 1835 in Maine married Ellen Prince last found 1910 census in Boston Ma

      Mary F b 1839 Maine d 1904 New York

      Caroline b 1841 Mass - last found census 1860 in Georgia

      Emily Jane b 1843 Dracut Ma, married Elias Vansickle, died 1896 West Virginia

      Heman Jr.(twin) b 1845 Dracut Ma, married Hannah Burke, d 1927 Scituate, RI

      John (twin) b 1845 Dracut Ma, d 1848

      George W b 1847 New Hampshire, married Martha, d 1900 Thethford Vt

      William P b 1849 Vansville, Maryland, married Mary - last found 1880 census in Illinois

      Adelaide E b 1851 Maryland, last found 1880 census Auburn, Maine

      Dwight b 1853 Vt married Jessie Vail last found 1920 census in Ct.

      Josephine b abt 1855 in Mass, lat found 1880 census Auburn, Maine

      Charles Marion b 1859 Greene, Georgia married Mattie Alderman then Josephine, d 1919 Georgia.

      The mother Mary Colbath, is supposed to be connected somehow to Jeremiah Jones Colbath who changed his name to Henry Wilson b 1812 and was to become Vice President of USA. There are many variations on the name – (Coolbath, Colbarth, Coolbrooth, Colbreath, Coolbroth, Coolboth, Colbough, Coolbath.)

      I would like to proceed further than this. To be able to find details of their deaths might lead me to their parent's information. I have their marriage details but only their own names are on the certificate.

      Any help with tracing these families so that I can proceed with this line would be greatly appreciated. Connecting with living relatives would be great.

      Thanks

      Jane