Retracing my steps: Glidden - Dunham connection
- Retracing my steps: Glidden - Dunham connection -
William Stinson Glidden was born 28 January 1814 in Maine son of
Ezekiel Averill Glidden (Benjamin 5, Charles 4, Charles 3, Richard
2, Charles 1) and Elizabeth "Betsey" Bailey (parents unknown). He
died 8 July 1883 in Levant, Penobscot County, Maine.
Rosanna Dunham was born 21 September 1818 in Carmel, Penobscot
County, Maine daughter of George Dunham (James 7, Cornelius 6,
Israel 5, Eleazer 4, Joseph 3, Deacon 2, John 1) and Bethiah Friend
(Benjamin 5, John 4, John 3, James 2, John 1). She died about 1878
in Corinna, Penobscot County, Maine.
Married about 1836 in Carmel.
1. Alonzo Glidden died young.
2. Phebe Elizabeth Glidden born 11 May 1840 in Carmel and died 25
March, 1927. She married Randall Nelson Cochran son of Samuel
Cochran and Hannah Nelson.
3. Charles Glidden born 2 September 1842.
4. Albert Glidden born 22 September 1843.
5. Christiana Glidden born 23 May 1846, died September 1863.
6. Lucretia Ellen Glidden born 14 March 1848, married James Sherman
Burns in 1841 and married Thomas Norton in 1859. Two children.
7. Alonzo Glidden born 21 May 1850.
8. John Byron Glidden borm 19 February 1852.
9. Fannie Ann Glidden born 11 April 1855.
10. Abbie Jane Glidden born 18 October 1857.
11. Sophronia Glidden born 12 June 1859.
12. William Nelson Glidden born 23 May 1861.
13. Rosa Glidden born 6 March 1865, died 20 March 1875.
If you have anything to add, subtract, confirm or refute or if you
have any connection with this family I'd like to hear from you.
If you'd like to add this information to your database or share it
with others feel free to do so and please cite the source. If you
would like to publish this information in your web site, your own
book, CD or other publication I would appreciate a note from you
saying so. This data is not to be submitted to any person,
organization or firm that in the business of collecting data to put
on commercial CD's or commercial web sites for the purpose of
selling it to their patrons.
28 North Searsport Road
Searsport, Maine 04974
Free Genealogy -- Roots should be shared.