P.S.>Re: Is this a genealogy group?

  • lady_braveheart
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 8 11:15 AM
      Forgot to tell you that I've written here on the list and directly to
      the alleged email addresses of the guilty parties but to no avail.
      They ignore my posts and the email addresses are phony. It appears
      possible that all the sexually related posts are from the same person
      and perhaps the spam is, also. Too bad that they are so lacking in
      life skills that this is all they can spend their time doing for
      whatever reason. They are probably rotfltao right now. Sad!

      --- In newenglandgenealogy@yahoogroups.com, "guitarjudy"
      <Sistajudy@...> wrote:

      > I'm hoping that yahoo can filter this better than what I see on the
      list of postings or this will
      > be my shortest membership on record!
      >
      > Seriously - I'm pretty well connected thru many common names in the
      RI area - Babcock,
      > Crandall, Wilcox, Gavitt, Tanner, Hall, Harvey. Would love to
      gather some info about
      > Stephen Gavitt - they are Father - Son - Grandson. The father was
      b. abt 1772; d. 4/1/1856;
      > son - Stephen C. b abt 1801 South Kingstown, RI and it could have
      been he that d. 4/1/1856
      > (not sure which Stephen it was). The grandson Stephen P. b.
      9/1/1839 Baltimore, MD; d
      > 8/7/1897 Westerly. His wife's name was Abbie b. ca 1842
      Massachusetts.

      > So is anyone out there linked up to this family of Gavitt's? I'd
      love to hear from you.

      > Thanks,
      > Judy

    • Judith Hall
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 8 2:10 PM
        Hello Lady B,
        Thank you for your reply.. it is very sad that this trash is allowed
        to ruin the opportunity of a great resource and connection site for
        genealogy.

        My greatest desire in even having begun this project was to connect
        myself with the folks I grew up with, whose last names are in my
        life.. I find it fascinating and have expanded well beyond what I am
        directly involved in, knowing that sooner or later someone is going to
        have married into the family and there we'll be..

        If you'd be comfortable telling me any of the particulars of the
        Wilcox's or Crandalls in your husband's line, I'd be appreciative. If
        you prefer not to, I certainly understand that as well.. perhaps we'll
        meet at the library some day!

        All the best,
        Judy Hall

        --
        God bless,

        Judy

        "The Lord is my strength and my song"
      • lady_braveheart
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 9 7:54 PM
          Hi,Judy,

          As soon as I can get around to it I'll gladly send you my Wilcox and
          Crandall info and my huband's Hall info--not much but you never know.

          Lady B

          --- In newenglandgenealogy@yahoogroups.com, "Judith Hall"