Re: Is this a genealogy group?

  • lady_braveheart
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 8, 2007
      It once was a genealogy group and I've been trying to rfevive it as
      such. There seem to be problems in a number of groups where the
      owners have reneged on their resposibilities and allowed the
      infiltration by these miscreants. I've written to the owners of both
      this group and the Mayflower group but it seems that they have taken
      permanent sabbaticals. I've also filed fromal complaints with Yahoo
      twice but all I get is form replies even when I ask for specific
      guess it's a useless cause. I've thought about taking over as owner
      to both groups but I simply do not have the strength--serious health
      issues.

      As for family names--I have a direct Wilcox line and a collateral
      Crandall line. Hall is one of my husband's direct lines and that line
      is one that crosses one of mine way back. I was once told by a
      genealogist that it is almost inevitable that if 2 people with New
      England lines marry, their lines will cross somewhere. I've found
      that to be true quite often.

      Hope this was informative.

      Lady B

      --- In newenglandgenealogy@yahoogroups.com, "guitarjudy"
      <Sistajudy@...> wrote:

      > I'm hoping that yahoo can filter this better than what I see on the
      list of postings or this will
      > be my shortest membership on record!
      >
      > Seriously - I'm pretty well connected thru many common names in the
      RI area - Babcock,
      > Crandall, Wilcox, Gavitt, Tanner, Hall, Harvey. Would love to
      gather some info about
      > Stephen Gavitt - they are Father - Son - Grandson. The father was
      b. abt 1772; d. 4/1/1856;
      > son - Stephen C. b abt 1801 South Kingstown, RI and it could have
      been he that d. 4/1/1856
      > (not sure which Stephen it was). The grandson Stephen P. b.
      9/1/1839 Baltimore, MD; d
      > 8/7/1897 Westerly. His wife's name was Abbie b. ca 1842
      Massachusetts.

      > So is anyone out there linked up to this family of Gavitt's? I'd
      love to hear from you.

      > Thanks,
      > Judy

    • lady_braveheart
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 8, 2007
        Forgot to tell you that I've written here on the list and directly to
        the alleged email addresses of the guilty parties but to no avail.
        They ignore my posts and the email addresses are phony. It appears
        possible that all the sexually related posts are from the same person
        and perhaps the spam is, also. Too bad that they are so lacking in
        life skills that this is all they can spend their time doing for
        whatever reason. They are probably rotfltao right now. Sad!

        <Sistajudy@...> wrote:

        > I'm hoping that yahoo can filter this better than what I see on the
        list of postings or this will
        > be my shortest membership on record!
        >
        > Seriously - I'm pretty well connected thru many common names in the
        RI area - Babcock,
        > Crandall, Wilcox, Gavitt, Tanner, Hall, Harvey. Would love to
        gather some info about
        > Stephen Gavitt - they are Father - Son - Grandson. The father was
        b. abt 1772; d. 4/1/1856;
        > son - Stephen C. b abt 1801 South Kingstown, RI and it could have
        been he that d. 4/1/1856
        > (not sure which Stephen it was). The grandson Stephen P. b.
        9/1/1839 Baltimore, MD; d
        > 8/7/1897 Westerly. His wife's name was Abbie b. ca 1842
        Massachusetts.

        > So is anyone out there linked up to this family of Gavitt's? I'd
        love to hear from you.

        > Thanks,
        > Judy

      • Judith Hall
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 8, 2007
          Hello Lady B,
          Thank you for your reply.. it is very sad that this trash is allowed
          to ruin the opportunity of a great resource and connection site for
          genealogy.

          My greatest desire in even having begun this project was to connect
          myself with the folks I grew up with, whose last names are in my
          life.. I find it fascinating and have expanded well beyond what I am
          directly involved in, knowing that sooner or later someone is going to
          have married into the family and there we'll be..

          If you'd be comfortable telling me any of the particulars of the
          Wilcox's or Crandalls in your husband's line, I'd be appreciative. If
          you prefer not to, I certainly understand that as well.. perhaps we'll
          meet at the library some day!

          All the best,
          Judy Hall

          --
          God bless,

          Judy

          "The Lord is my strength and my song"
        • lady_braveheart
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 9, 2007
            Hi,Judy,

            As soon as I can get around to it I'll gladly send you my Wilcox and
            Crandall info and my huband's Hall info--not much but you never know.

            Lady B

            --- In newenglandgenealogy@yahoogroups.com, "Judith Hall"