Mayflower Ancestors

  • David Sylvester
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 20, 2005
      Here is an article I found at Eastman's Online Genealogy Newsletter

      Mayflower Ancestors

      This Thursday is Thanksgiving Day in the United States. On this day,
      we remember the many brave immigrants who persevered in the face of
      hardships to create a better life for themselves and their
      descendants. All Americans owe thanks to their ancestors, whether they
      arrived on the Mayflower or in the centuries thereafter. This is an
      excellent week to spend a bit of time researching your immigrant
      ancestors, regardless of their arrival date.

      While 102 souls arrived in Plimoth in 1620, nearly half of them died
      the first winter ...
      See the rest of the article at
      http://eogn.typepad.com/eastmans_online_genealogy/2005/11/mayflower_ances.html