Retracing my steps: Dyer - Dolloff connection

  • David Sylvester
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 8, 2005
      Retracing my steps: Dyer - Dolloff connection -
      http://www.feliixplace.com/genealogy/dyer.html

      Edgar Willis Dyer born 30 September 1867 in Thorndike, Waldo, Maine
      son of Parris Dyer (Levi 7, George 6, [weak link here] Levi 5, William
      4, William 3, William 2, William 1) and Alice Ann Haskell (Nathaniel
      Smith 7, William 6, John 5, William 4, Thomas 3, Benjamin 2, Captain
      William 1). He died 3 April 1931 in Belfast, Waldo, Maine and is
      buried in Thorndike.

      Anna May Dolloff born 21 September 1874 daughter of Daniel B Dolloff
      (Daniel B 7, [weak link here] Daniel B 6, Noah 5, Thomas 4, Nicholas
      3, Thomas 2, Christian 1) and Asenath Haskell Pendleton (Peleg 7,
      William 6, Lt. Peleg 5, Col. William 4, Jospeh 3, Capt. James 2, Major
      Brian 1). She died 20 January 1916 and is buried in Thorndike.

      Children:

      1. baby Dyer born 8 March 1898 in Thorndike.

      2. Sadie Jane Dyer born 30 April 1899 in Thorndike, died 16 November
      1973 in Searsport, Waldo, Maine. Married John Herbert Merry of
      Thorndike son of Herbert Leslie Merry and Selena Irene Raven 26
      October 1917 in Thorndike. Four sons and four daughters.
      http://archiver.rootsweb.com/th/read/DYER/2002-10/1033709573

      Edgar and Anna also cared for two foster children, Marie [Living]
      (born May 18, 1911) and Blanche Small. It is not clear whether either
      of these foster children were adopted. Anna's obituary in 1916 names
      Blanche as an adopted child but no official records stating such have
      been found.

      After Anna's death in a fire in 1916 daughter Sadie continued to raise
      Marie in the Merry home after Sadie's marriage.

      Edgar married Blanche Small 19 October 1917 in Belfast and they had
      three sons. Blanche was born about 1898 in Islesboro, Waldo, Maine
      daughter of James Ira Small (Joel 8, Joel 7, Thomas 6, Thomas 5,
      Edward 4, Daniel 3, Francis 2, Edward 1) and Carol R. "Caddie"
      Lawrence. She died in 1965.

      Sources available on request. If anybody has anything to add,
      subtract, confirm or refute I'd like to hear what you've got.

      If you'd like to add this information to your database or share it
      with others feel free to do so and please cite the source. If you
      would like to publish this information in your web site, your own
      book, CD or other publication I would appreciate a note from you
      saying so. This data is not to be submitted to any person,
      organization or firm that is in the business of collecting data to put
      on commercial CD's or commercial web sites for the purpose of selling
      it to their patrons.

      Best wishes,
      David