Canadian w/possible N. H. connection

  • cj_31_1968
    Message 1 of 383 , Oct 4, 2000
      Hi everyone!<br><br>I just joined your club in
      hopes of getting some information on the Abbott
      families that lived in New Hampshire in the late 1700s and
      early 1800s. <br><br>I am currently at a very large
      brick wall that has plagued my family since our family
      research began. My GGGGrandfather's name was Isaac Abbott,
      he was born in Upper Canada. <br><br>Because we
      don't know who his father really is, we are assuming it
      was a William Abbott who was located near him. Others
      who are researching William say he was born in New
      Hampshire and married an Abigail Griesham from Vermont, her
      surname may be spelled Gresham or any other variation.
      William and his family arrived in the Point Pelee,
      Ontario, Canada area around 1825-1830, but some of his
      children where born in Middlesex County before this time,
      so he may have been in Canada about 10 years prior
      to those dates.<br><br>Does any one have information
      on either the Abbotts from New Hampshire or the
      Grieshams/Greshams from Vermont?<br><br>Finding information on the
      above would really help me continue with my roots, and
      would make my year.<br><br>Thanks in advance for any
      help anyone has to offer.<br><br>CJ
      Message 383 of 383 , Nov 27, 2002