New member - New Names!

  • rtansey
    Message 1 of 383 , Oct 1, 1999
      Hello from California!<br><br>New member here, so
      I'll give ya'll a list of surnames in my background,
      for which I have varying degrees (and quality) of
      research. These are all from Ma and eastern CT, with a tiny
      bit of RI thrown in, mostly early, (pre-1650, and the
      ones that aren't, I need help with!):<br><br>Mowry (or
      Morey or Mowrey), Abell (of royal descent), Cummings,
      Adams, Baldwin, Metcalf, Jewett, Perry, Hovey, Stead,
      Wood, Rider, Lane, Birchard (Burchard, Byrchard),
      Stevens, Hughes, Kenrick (or Kenric or Kendrick),
      Fairbanks, Richards, Smith, Stacie (or Stacey), Kemp,
      Bradford (yes, THAT Bradford), Smith.<br><br>At the
      moment, interested in 2 areas:<br><br>A) Info on Benjamin
      Abell, b. 1650/1651, in Rehoboth, MA, died 6 Jun 1699,
      in Norwich, New London, CT. Would like to verify
      that he married Hannah Baldwin abt 1678 (location
      unknown, poss. Norwich). Hannah was b. 6 Oct 1656 in
      Norwich, died, Nov. 1717. They had daughter, Hannah, who
      married one Ebenezer Metcalf.<br><br>B) Info on William
      Mowry, married Susannah Jewett, 3 Jan 1763 in Thompson,
      Windham Cty, CT. Parents of Silence Morey. Susannah's
      parents were David Jewett (from Rowley, MA) and Susannah
      (or Sarah) Stevens (Thompson, CT?). Info on Susannah
      Stevens needed as well.<br><br>Have more info on all
      surnames above, and ready to share/help others as able to.
      (Note though: haven't had time to properly verify all
      my info yet)!<br><br>Thanks and Happy
      Message 383 of 383 , Nov 27, 2002