778Retracing my steps: Merry - Raven connection

  • David Sylvester
    Dec 20, 2007
      Retracing my steps: Merry - Raven connection -
      http://www.feliixplace.com/genealogy/merry.html

      Herbert Leslie Merry born 28 February 1871 in Starks, Somerset
      County, Maine son of Asa Merry (Jonathan 6, Asa 5, David 4, Samuel
      3, Samuel 2, Joseph 1) and Mary Viletta Wood (Silas 7, Nathan 6,
      John 5, John 4, John 3, Michael 2, William 1). He died 29 May 1935
      in Thorndike, Waldo County, Maine and is buried in Thorndike.

      Selena Irene Raven born 29 February 1856 in New Brunswick, Canada
      daughter of William Neal Raven (John 1) and Hannah Hanson or Hansen
      (Cornelius). She died 1943 and is buried in Thorndike. Selena had
      previously been married to George Carson and had four sons by that
      marriage.

      Children:

      1. John Herbert Merry born 8 March 1895 in Woodland, Aroostook
      County, Maine, died 23 July 1993 in Bangor, Penobscot County,
      Maine. Married Sadie Jane Dyer of Thorndike daughter of Edgar
      Willis Dyer and Anna May Dolloff. Four sons and four daughters.

      2. Otto Merry born 1896 in Woodland, died 1897 in Woodland, buried
      in Caribou, Aroostook County, Maine.

      3. Ruby Merry born in Woodland, married Walter Gordon.

      4. Bernice Merry born in Woodland, married George Gordon, brother
      of Walter above.

      If anybody has anything to add, subtract, confirm or refute I'd
      like to hear what you've got.

      If you'd like to add this information to your database or share it
      with others feel free to do so and please cite the source. If you
      would like to publish this information in your web site, your own
      book, CD or other publication I would appreciate a note from you
      saying so. This data is not to be submitted to any person,
      organization or firm that in the business of collecting data to put
      on commercial CD's or commercial web sites for the purpose of
      selling it to their patrons.

      Best wishes,
      David

      David Sylvester