New Milwaukie Merchant

  • Laura Steenson Seratt
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 2, 2006

      Hey all,

      I’m not sure who needs to know about this so I’m sending it to everyone J

      There is a new merchant in downtown Milwaukie called Funkey Furniture.  They’re on Main Street , across from the new townhouses and such.  They have a lot of really cool stuff – the first thing I thought when I looked in was “props and sets!”  A lot of what they have is vintage or looks vintage.

      The owners are Karen and Ed, and Ed builds a lot of the furniture that is in there.  Additionally, they have typewriters, old bicycles, lamps, etc.   Really a treasure trove of things for stage shows.

      I spoke with Karen and told her about New Century and she said they’d be willing to not only advertise for us in their shop but also to rent us pieces if we needed something specific that they had or could build.  Wow!!

      Be sure to hit them up at the next poster party and if we need something specific for a show we should definitely talk to them.  I’d be willing to be the contact if needed.

      Thanks!

      Laura

    • Laura Steenson Seratt
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 2, 2006

        I think that would probably work J  I’ll still be coaching, so it depends on practice times and whatnot, but I can definitely make it work (esp. if there is a stipend involved, we’re saving like crazy to move after Ricky graduates in June 07!)

        From: "Laura Steenson Seratt" < LauraRae@... >
        To: < newcenturyplayers@yahoogroups.com >
        Subject: [newcenturyplayers] New Milwaukie Merchant
        Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 12:49:30 -0700

[...]