Silent Auction to benefit New Century Players

  • carlisle_kelly
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 3, 2005
      Dear New Century Players,

      We have a fun and important opportunity here to help support our own
      theatre organization! Read on, please.

      During our production of "Romance Can Be Fatal" in May, we will be
      performing at the Milwaukie Center in conjunction with one of their
      most important fundraising events of the year. Our murder mystery
      dinner theatre performance will be one of the main attractions at
      the event; the other will be a silent auction. We have been invited
      to contribute our own items to this silent auction, and keep 100% of
      the proceeds!

      Because this is an established and well-attended event for the
      Milwaukie Center, we can expect a very good turnout from a crowd
      that is accustomed to participating generously in this auction. New
      Century Players, being as new an organization as we are, can
      definitely benefit from this unique opportunity.

      Here's where you come in: Please consider contributing something
      for the silent auction on behalf of New Century Players. It could
      be a special item, a basket, some tickets to an event, or some other
      idea that you might have. Perhaps you are well connected with a
      business owner or talented individual who would like to contribute
      as well!

      In our most recent meeting, here's what some of our folks have
      already said they could bring:
      A Basket
      Tickets/Basket for Timbers Soccer
      Teeth Bleaching
      Hair Salon Certificate
      One hour of background piano music for a dinner or social event
      Creative Memories Scrapbook-Basket and Gift Certificate
      Handmade jewelry-necklace and earrings set
      Gift certificate to any New Century Players Production with the next
      year

      Great ideas, don't you think? But this is only a start. We've been
      encouraged to bring as many items forward as we can.

      If you'd like to contribute something, please use the following
      guidelines:

      -Please do not auction a used item, unless there are special
      circumstances (antique, collectible, etc.)
      -Provide a retail value-people want to know if they're getting a
      good deal!
      -Suggest a starting bid and bid increments. (This is important!)
      -Silent Auction is May 7; Deadline for submitting auction items is
      May 1.

      To support NCP by contributing an auction item, please contact
      Kelly Carlisle, NCP Board Member at: kncarlisle@..., (503)
      698-5259