Clackamas County Arts

  • elisabethgoebel
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2013
      Dear NCP Friend,

      Like you, we believe the Arts are a vital part of the cultural life of Clackamas County and contribute enormously to the quality of life here.

      Only one organization has that county-wide view and responsibility to do all it can to support us along with other arts groups, as well as artists of every form, plus our audiences, and that is the Clackamas County Arts Alliance.

      Always dependent largely on funding through the Clackamas County General Fund, (which needs to be renegotiated every year,) the CCAA has for many years worked to provide classes for emerging artists, expertise for boards, trainings in grant applications, and much else. They also administer a wonderful arts-focused outreach to "at risk" youth and oversee the placement of local art in many public places.

      So why are we telling you this?

      Quite simply most people have never heard of the CCAA
      (http://www.clackamasartsalliance.org) or the great work it does, and that needs to change.

      Two long-term NCP members (Elisabeth Goebel and Kevin Yell) serve on their advisory committee and board respectively, and know first hand how important it is that the CCAA gets county-wide support through the simplest thing - increasing it's visibility in the community. Apart from bringing us all together so we can support one another, signing up for their helpful weekly e-newsletter gives the CCAA evidence of a larger platform when approaching the County and charitable Foundations for funding, which then all comes back to all of us for the arts and culture.

      Please click the link below, take a look at their web site and SIGN UP for the e-newsletter, showing what's on this weekend in Clackamas County.
      http://www.clackamasartsalliance.org/email-signup

      It costs you nothing and it will help everyone.
      Thank you!

      See you next season for an amazing selection of productions, always featured on the CCAA e-newsletter of course!! Go to our web site for details and audition dates!

      Kelley Marchant and the New Century Players Board
      www.newcenturyplayers.org