RE: [newcenturyplayers] Monologue competition

  • Angie Hughes
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 8, 2013
      Hi Elisabeth --

      Can you please send me an entry form?

      Thanks!

      Angie

      To: newcenturyplayers@yahoogroups.com
      From: Goebel86@...
      Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2013 23:04:13 +0000
      Subject: [newcenturyplayers] Monologue competition

      There will be a monologue competition on February 2, 2013, as part of the AACT Oregon One Act Play festival. Details are below.

      If you are interested, contact me and I will send you the entry form.

      Thanks,
      Elisabeth

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      Theatre in the Grove
      Forest Grove, OR
      AACT Oregon One Act Festival
      Entry fee: $5.00

      Rules…please read carefully:

      • No longer than 7 minutes in length with 30 second grace period.
      • Must be memorized (if given again it will be exactly the same.)
      • Youth category (12-18 years old)
      • Adult category (19 and over)
      • Props may be used but no costumes. The focus is on the movement and dialogue and how well the actor persuades the audience that s/he IS a certain character within a certain setting.
      • The choice of material may include original material or published monologues or selections from other published materials.

      * * * * * * * *

      Scoring will be based on the following – 10 points each:

      • Voice: variety, inflection, projection, articulation, appropriateness for the character.
      • Physical Elements: facial expression, gestures, movement, use of performance space.
      • Interpretation: understanding and communication of meaning and emotion appropriate to the selection.
      • Integration of elements: focus, creation of atmosphere, unity, transitions, ease of transformation into the character.
      • Audience interaction, awareness, and appreciation, maintenance of interest and believability.

      Monologues will be performed on Saturday afternoon, Feb. 2, as part of the AACT Oregon One Act Play Festival. Finalists will be selected to perform Sunday morning Feb. 3, 2013 before the Awards Celebration Brunch.

    • Callahan Patric
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 8, 2013
        Hi Elisabeth,

        It's been a while. I was Richard in "Moon over Buffalo". Could you send me a form? I don't have time myself as I'm actually in the midst of directing a two act play for Fertile Grounds called "The Godmother" by Sandra Di Helen (insert shameless plug here). However, my room mate has expressed an interest and would possible like to compete.

        And if you get the chance, you should come see the show. It's at Hipbone studios, 1847 E. BURNSIDE, #104. PORTLAND, OR 97214, on January 27th at 8:00. Tickets are $15. The show also features Mike Arseneault, who was also in New Century Player's production of "Moon Over Buffulo" as Howard.

        Thanks
        Patric James Callahan