RE: [newcenturyplayers] Interesting opportunity

  • Gary Romans
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 16, 2012

      See answer below

      From: newcenturyplayers@yahoogroups.com [mailto:newcenturyplayers@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Charles Province
      Sent: Tuesday, October 16, 2012 1:06 PM
      To: newcenturyplayers@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [newcenturyplayers] Interesting opportunity

      Is there any money involved?

      Mike

      On Sun, Oct 14, 2012 at 5:30 PM, elisabethgoebel <Goebel86@...> wrote:

      Mask & Mirror Community Theatre of Tigard & Tualatin has received a grant from the Cultural Coalition of Washington County and the Oregon Cultural Trust to develop a traveling "entertainment" that we will be offering at no charge to various groups and organizations ONLY in the cities of Tigard & Tualatin.

      Many of these performances will be on weeknights, and we expect only 1-3 performances per month beginning January, 2013. Not all performers cast will participate in every event.

      This may offer many of your performers a chance to exercise their craft and talent beyond that offered for your main stage productions; and a chance to perform for those with talents such as juggling, magic – and even mime! – talents not usually used during your stagings.

      Mask & Mirror Traveling Thespians

      We will be holding general auditions for this new Troupe:
      Thursday, November 8, 2012, from 7-9 pm
      Saturday, November 10, 2012, from 1-3 pm

      Auditions will be held at the Faith Journey Church,
      11265 Southwest Gaarde Street, Tigard, OR 97224

      Opening Gala Performances will be January 4, 5, 6, 2013 at the Tualatin Heritage Center

      Who We Are:

      Mask & Mirror Traveling Thespians (M&MTT) are a satellite troupe of performers from the Mask & Mirror Community Theatre: Actors, Singers, Dancers, Acrobats, Poets, Comedians, Playwrights, Directors, Musicians, Performance Artists of All Manner and Vision.

      We have been given a grant from the Washington County Cultural Coalition / Oregon Cultural Trust to develop the M&MTT concept as a unique way of marketing Mask & Mirror Community Theatre. This grant will cover professional quality costumes and props, and pay required royalties.

      Mask & Mirror Community Theatre is a 501(c)3 non-profit, all volunteer organization. All performers, crew, musicians and other support personnel are unpaid.

      What We Do:

      We go out into our Community (Tigard & Tualatin), using our talent to show people what M&M has to offer as a way to attract them back to our larger stage shows.

      We will perform 1 or more free 30-40 min performances per month (12 are required before June 30, 2013, per our grant). The performances will each have an Emcee hosting the show (think Bob Hope doing the USO tours.) All shows will have a bit of a vaudeville feel to them.

      Most of our shows consist of at least 3 `acts:' a song, an acting performance of some sort, and then "other," be it comedian, dancing . . . etc.

      Each performance will have a theme. We will be starting in January/February with the theme of love.

      Where We Perform:

      We go to Senior Centers, Community Centers, Libraries, Hospitals . . . anyplace that wants us to perform for them in Tigard, Tualatin or adjacent communities. We go to entertain, but we simultaneously advertise Mask and Mirror. We do not charge for these performances, but we will put out a "Donation Jar" to support Mask & Mirror Community Theatre if allowed by the venue.

      Audition details:

      Each performer gets 2 minutes with the M&MTT Artistic Board to showcase their talent:

      - If you are an actor and have a prepared monologue and want to do it, wonderful.

      - If you want to do a monologue, but don't have one, that is ok too! We will have both a male and female monologue available to do as a cold reading as part of your 2 minutes.

      - If you want to sing, bring a CD of music or sheet music and we will have a CD player and pianist available.

      - If you want to dance, or show us a sample of your poetry, juggle, clown . . . whatever, it is up to you how you fill that time.

      (If you have ever been to the PATA auditions, these will be similar to those auditions).

      Please bring a resume and a head shot if you have them. If you don't, we will have a form that you can fill out when you arrive and someone to take your picture.

      We will be casting an undetermined number of Troupe members. Troupe members should not expect to participate in every performance (casting will be based on theme, timing, and availability of talent) except the Opening Gala on Jan 4, 5 & 6 at the Tualatin Heritage Center, 8700 SW Sweek Drive, Tualatin 97062

      For additional information contact:

      We hope you can join us!

      Maille M. O'Brien, Producer, MailleMMTT@...

      Jenny Conlee, Director, jennyconlee@...